Menu

We have returned from the funeral, which was lovely and meaningful. Around 1000 people came for the viewing and 300 for the funeral on Friday morning, which was very touching. Despite the very sad circumstances, it was wonderful to spend time with old friends and family.

We are still waiting to hear from contractors about whether we can save the house or not. Until then we continue to sort stuff and throw most of it away. We have to inventory everything for insurance and it's been pretty emotionally draining. I've posted some pictures on my blog. It really doesn't look that bad to me, even now, but the smoke damage has been horrendous.

My dh came home with pneumonia (I'm sure the smoke and stress didn't help, and it's been going around ) so he has been resting. We are staying in a really nice hotel suite and it has been truly restful.

We are getting very little school done and have scaled down the UMS we started to 1-day a week. We still hope to do a launch for fall.

A huge thank-you for the kind words and encouragement that has been sent our way over the past couple of weeks. It has meant a LOT to all of us!!

A huge thank-you for the kind words and encouragement that has been sent our way over the past couple of weeks. It has meant a LOT to all of us!!

I was full grown before I understood the phrase "parting is such sweet sorrow". I'm glad you had a reunion of sorts at the funeral. I'm sure it is what your sister would have wanted.

I, too, would be pained over the books and things lost from the fire, but I also looked over at your roll call of children on your blog. Living books.

Poor hubby. One of the biggest pains about pneumonia is that after the fever and cough are gone, it can still take 6 weeks to feel any less than 85 years old, and it gets discouraging to want to do things, but tucker out. I went to bed by 4 p.m. for at least 3 weeks. But it does go away.

:grouphug:

We have returned from the funeral, which was lovely and meaningful. Around 1000 people came for the viewing and 300 for the funeral on Friday morning, which was very touching. Despite the very sad circumstances, it was wonderful to spend time with old friends and family.

We are still waiting to hear from contractors about whether we can save the house or not. Until then we continue to sort stuff and throw most of it away. We have to inventory everything for insurance and it's been pretty emotionally draining. I've posted some pictures on my blog. It really doesn't look that bad to me, even now, but the smoke damage has been horrendous.

My dh came home with pneumonia (I'm sure the smoke and stress didn't help, and it's been going around ) so he has been resting. We are staying in a really nice hotel suite and it has been truly restful.

We are getting very little school done and have scaled down the UMS we started to 1-day a week. We still hope to do a launch for fall.

:grouphug: Thanks for the update. Praying.