Menu

Need the hive mind...

Susie-Knits

... no, was definitely my thinking.

Most of his facebook friends are people from his summer experience at his 1st choice school. I think it is awkward at best though he hasn't posted about college things on his wall. Guess I was more surprised by the timing after being admitted and offered the scholarship ... not before.

Thanks and any further comments are definitely welcome.

Susie

so that his announcements and information would get to your son's Facebook page. I know I get the occasional "friend" request from non-profits, missionaries, etc. They aren't really saying that I am their friend - the are offering me a way to get updates and information from their facebook page.

I would not accept.

First of all congratulations to your son.

Secondly, when were the admissions and scholarship deadlines? I have not looked at many admissions procedures but this seems very early. How common is this?

Thank you on behalf of my ds.

Oddly, the schools he is most interested in were all rolling admission starting in August or non-binding early decision. All the schools also noted that the best money opportunities would go to students who applied early -- so he did in August and Sept. We heard in Oct about admissions and were very surprised with Scholarship letters in the packet. Additionally, those schools also had a note that he will be invited to their Scholarships Day in Jan or Feb where he can compete for more $s.

His 1st choice school will not mail financial aid info till March ... a very long wait after having been admitted in early Oct. We are praying it will be equal to the other offers he has already received. But if it is not, he has options.

We are now spending some time re-visiting schools so he can attend classes, talk more with profs, etc... Hoping he will be prepared to make the big decision for May 1st.