Menu

Please help me!!

Please help me organize my homeschool :banghead:

I have 3 ring binders and I have every planner page. Household chores lessons to do's , inventory things i need to buy for school the list goes on n on I need help on how to organize it. How to fill it out and put it together in my binder what goes 1st second so on n so on.

Also I need a step by step guide or template on how to write up educational goals lesson plans and all those type of things.

Any ideas are welcome but I need it detailed or I won't get it websites and books so on n so on.

All my kids are sick oldest and pos youngest have the bad flu the so I have been off of school since middle of last week and will be through this week. So I am really trying to accomplish this.

P.S I do realize this should of been done loooooooooong ago but it is what it is and better late then never :willy_nilly:

Please help me organize my homeschool :banghead:

I have 3 ring binders and I have every planner page. Household chores lessons to do's , inventory things i need to buy for school the list goes on n on I need help on how to organize it. How to fill it out and put it together in my binder what goes 1st second so on n so on.

Also I need a step by step guide or template on how to write up educational goals lesson plans and all those type of things.

Any ideas are welcome but I need it detailed or I won't get it websites and books so on n so on.

All my kids are sick oldest and pos youngest have the bad flu the so I have been off of school since middle of last week and will be through this week. So I am really trying to accomplish this.

P.S I do realize this should of been done loooooooooong ago but it is what it is and better late then never :willy_nilly:

Have you tried Flylady's site? [www.flylady.net] You don't have to buy anything; just browse her links. There is one for setting up a household management book (she calls it a Control Journal). It is very detailed. I'd also recommend checking out her book Sink Reflections. This site is mainly about running a household.

Educational goals -- this one is a bit trickier. Let me tell you what dh & I've done. We sat down and thought about where we wanted our kids to be academically at the end of high school. We then worked backwards from there. Understand that this is more Philosophy, not Practicum. You can certainly do practical, if you wish. Just know that the goals may change in the upcoming years. Also know that the route to meet your goals may change without the goals themselves changing. This is kinda esoteric, isn't it? Really -- think about where you want your kids to end up at 17/18 and work back. Don't worry about specific curricula right now. Search the boards (here and on the K-8 board) and you'll get others' thoughts on how they reached their educational goals.

Lesson Plans -- Some people have very detailed daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly lesson plans. Others have more of a fill-in-what-we-did-today type plan. I make up weekly lesson plans for each of the kids: days of the week down the side and subjects across the top. We follow an LCC model so this weekly plan includes daily work (math, Latin, composition/handwriting, phonics/reading - depending on the child) and weekly work (history, science, geography, etc). It's actually quite simple. I saved the template in a folder on my computer and just change each subject's work.

I have a general idea where I want my kids to end up before we start a new level. The truth is, though, that we school year round (taking breaks as needed/wanted) and simply don't have firm start/finish dates. I'm very sorry you're dealing with sickness in the household. That's enough to wear down anyone. As you can, take this time to get your house in order as best you can. Not everything must be done by the end of the week. Having a house in general smooth running order is my sanity saver (I have 4 kids).

You can incorporate any of your school forms/etc into your Control Journal very easily. Really. Go to FlyLady's site (linked above), look on the left hand side, and click on Control Journal. Then just browse the rest of her site. Don't sign up for the e-mails if you think it will just overwhelm/frustrate you (I don't get the e-mails). Let me know if you have any questions.