Menu

At what age do girls start shaving their legs?

I was very hairy at 11 and was teased horribly about it, so I tried to shave my legs without telling my mom, but I badly nicked myself and had to get help so she found out! I was severely punished for that. It was one of those "I'll never do this to my child" moments.

So I bought the razor some time ago and told mine that I would help whenever she was ready. Thus far we've only done underarms.

My oldest started occasionally shaving at 13yo, but didn't start regularly shaving until 18yo.

My middle is 15.5yo and only occasionally shaves.

My youngest is 13yo and has been shaving 1x/week for the past year.

I told all of them that whenever they wanted to start, I would get them a razor and teach them how to use it. Only my youngest was interested.

Not your question, but makeup is similar. My oldest was very excited to go buy makeup and learn how to use it at 13yo. She wore it daily for one week and since then has worn it maybe 3-4x/year. My middle has had absolutely no interest at all. My youngest was really excited about it all the way up to her 13th birthday, but it's been two months and she hasn't actually wanted to go get it yet. I haven't worn makeup in at least 20 years and don't own any.