Menu

Those of you who live up north, what do you wear under skirts to keep warm?

My dd loves to wear skirts and NOTHING on her legs in the winter. I shiver just looking at them. We in the south, so we don't have the colder temps you do, but I am curious what you do wear. She wants some leggings, not tights she said. Where do I find those? At least they would keep her legs warmer. :001_smile:

My dd5 loves tights and loose leggings. My dd8 loves footless tights so that her feet don't get hot in her boots. They will both also wear pants under their dresses. I get them from MiniBoden, Hanna Andersson, and Lands End. When its really cold, the little one will tuck her dress into her snow suit. The older one just wears tights under her snow pants.

The key to keeping warm was having a long winter coat that came down to below my knees and totally stopped the wind, and a pair of really warm, lined boots (Hush Puppies, IIRC). If I did that, it didn't really matter whether I wore pants or a skirt with nylons. If anything, the skirt stayed warmer because if the nylons got a bit sloshed, they would dry quickly; whereas jeans or other long pants would stay wet (and cold) for hours.

My dd loves to wear skirts and NOTHING on her legs in the winter. I shiver just looking at them. We in the south, so we don't have the colder temps you do, but I am curious what you do wear. She wants some leggings, not tights she said. Where do I find those? At least they would keep her legs warmer. :001_smile:

I know for kids you can buy leggings in almost every clothing store we've been in recently because they've been trendy for the past year or so. I'm not sure about the teens department, though, as my dd is only 8. I would check Gap, Old Navy, Target, JCPenney, etc.