Menu

Good brand of immersion blender that's not expensive?

KitchenAid Immersion Hand Blender. At $50, it's a little above your price cap; but it's well worth it. We've had ours for 6 years of regular use and it's still going strong. Before that, we went through two Cuisinart models which lasted only a couple of years each.

I used to have a Braun, it was a gift so I don't know the price. Mine was lost in a household move, but a long while ago this question came up and I remember there were several others who also had a Braun and thought highly of it.

We have a Braun. I believe my wife picked ours up at a thrift shop for a few bucks. It isn't heavily used, but I'm quite pleased with it.

It is "plastic" and I'd read that if you are going to go putting these things into a pot of hot stuff that metal is preferable. But, I dunno. Its worked like a charm.

Maybe something else is better (or not). I don't know. I like the one we have.

Bill (who is usually more opinionated :D)

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I usually try to get good quality kitchen stuff, but since I have a Blendtec blender that I use for EVERYTHING, I really just need the immersion blender for soups (to avoid the hot-soup-in-the-blender-explosion factor.) I'm sure I'll only use it a handful of times each year, but I'd like one that works pretty well w/out being expensive.

It's one of those things that I probably wouldn't even buy myself, but would make a good gift!

ETA: I don't see any Brauns on Amazon!

Edited by HappyGrace