Menu

Please Rate and Review Your Washing Machine

We are shopping for a new front loader washing machine. When researching and find reviews, it's really hard to tell what is the best to buy. Every model we've looked at, regardless of how it's rated by Consumer Reports, will have a small number of people who love it, and a large number of people who say don't buy this product! Most have had the machine for less than 3 months.

If you would, please rate and review your machine. What make and model is it, how long have you had it, what do you love about it, what do you dislike, have you had any trouble with it, how was customer service, and would you buy it again?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Blessings,

Cathy

I bought a whirlpool duet set just before my twins were born, they will be seven next month, gasp. If/when I have to replace them I will buy the same thing again. I am constantly doing laundry with a family of 7. I love the large capacity. (They are great with my cloth diapers too.) I did make a choice not to buy the fancier version with all the wool cycles and more push buttons, figuring more to break, and I don't regret that.

I bought mine from Lowe's. Back then no one worked on them and I bought the extended warranty. When my washer had a problem they brought me a brand new one and installed it. :D Turns out it was something super simple and they resold it in the store the next week. The extended warranty also guarantees some of the parts for 10 years. I would read the fine print today for things like that no matter who you buy from.

We ought our washer at Sam's 11 or 12 years ago. It's been moved 4 or 5 times. Still works. Holds a lot. I'd buy one there again (but I want the football team size so I don't have to wash as often). The dryer is the same deal - but it takes 10 minutes more than the timer to dry a load and that's annoying.

We have the GE front loader and dryer. Bought at Sears three years ago when we had to replace the range and dishwasher, too. ($$$ Ouch). We had ours installed as the stackable and I LOVE them. No problems, has some nice features that I actually use and very quiet. No vibration problems. That seems to be what several of my friends have had problems with theirs on that issue.

We just bought the Samsung a couple months ago from Lowes. Also purchased the extended warranty which is a necessity these days since all appliances break easily it seems. We love them so far but it's only been a short time. I do a lot of laundry with 5 kids still living at home.

I just replaced ours this summer. We bought an LG front loader washer and dryer. So far, I am very happy with them. The washer cycle is a little longer than I would like, but it does big loads! We bought the pedestals, which have given us some extra storage as well as save my back (2 herniated disks.) The only thing I don't like is that, when transferring clothes from the washer to the dryer, some often ends up on the floor. If I ever have an empty laundry basket (they always end up with "stuff" in them for some reason), I put that underneath and that catches the fallen laundry.

Our model number is wm2101hw - not top of the line, but not bottom either. We got ours at Sears - had a great coupon and used my mom's Sears retiree discount (my dad worked at Sears for 33 years.)

I have an LG as well and I love it. It is model #2487 which at the time was the next to top, which was rated #1 by Consumer Reports. It is discontinued now, however.

I would definitely replace it with another LG, when the time comes. My second choice would be the Whirlpool. The only problem I have had is occasional musty smell from the rubber doorseal, a common problem with frontloaders. Leaving the door open when not in use solves alot of that. I also run a "tubclean" cycle with bleach every now and then. When I smell the mustiness when the washer is running I know it is time to run the tubclean.

Ditto on the pedestals. For us they were worth the money. Much less bending over and I love the storage.

We have a Bosch Nexxt 500 series front loader. We bought it 2 years ago when our old top loader konked out in the middle of a drought. It is energy efficient and uses very little water, but I find it a pain:

1) We used to add just a bit of bleach to a load of towels. We could do this for colored towels too. Dh ruined most of our towels trying this with a front loader.

2) You have to be really on top of it to keep it from developing mildew because the water puddles in the bottom of the rubber seal around the opening.

3) The wash cycles take a really long time (An hour or more)

4) Our old dryer is still working, so we have to divide a wash load in half and do two dryer loads for every washer load.

I don't think it's the brand, but rather the front-loader that I dislike. I'd buy one again because of the environmental issues, but I really preferred our old top-loader.

I just researched this. I chose not to get front loaders because of all the bad reviews. A fix it guy said most calls were on front loaders. I bought maytag centennial w/d. I've only had them 2 weeks. The washer is loud, but it's in the laundry room. Being long lasting is more important to me than looks.