Menu

Tupperware replacement question...

I gave my brand new Tupperware dealer some cracked lids for replacement. She says the containers/lids were discontinued (they are 20 years old). She says I can get credit for the cracked lids, but not the now-useless containers. I think she is mistaken, but I don't want to push her on the issue unless I'm sure. Can anyone tell me? TIA!

I gave my brand new Tupperware dealer some cracked lids for replacement. She says the containers/lids were discontinued (they are 20 years old). She says I can get credit for the cracked lids, but not the now-useless containers. I think she is mistaken, but I don't want to push her on the issue unless I'm sure. Can anyone tell me? TIA!

Unless they have changed their policy, she is correct.

Your best bet may be to check out some thrift stores and yard sales. I have seen some pristine lids and containers in both places.

Although some Tupperware molds have seemingly stayed in production forever, they do retire them from time to time.

a

I have been told this on occasion...................so I then look for a person who is higher in the company. What am I trying to say...someone who has been around longer. They will always replace the top and the bottom. Even if you get a new lid, they won't always work on the old bottom. They won't seal correctly.

Keep looking until you find someone who will replace both pieces.

I had a few lids from discontinued items that had cracked and they replaced the whole container with something comparable. In one case, the item had nothing that was comparable and they issued me a credit.

I think it depends who you are dealing with. I would certainly contact the company if necessary. In this day and age, no company wants to risk losing customers and bad PR over a container worth a few dollars.

• 3 weeks later...

That just stinks. I am replacing some things right now with Tupperware, but one lid is lost and the piece I am replacing is lost as well, so I know I will have to pay for them, but they are still available.

I grew up on Tupperware. My parents had oodles of it when I grew up overseas. We have had to get rid of some that was much older than 20 years because there were no replacement lids for that item any longer.

I wish they would keep something comarable so that you could replace lids more easily.

I just found seven containers this week at a yard sale ($1 each) that have a lide with a pop up spout. They hold a 5 pound bag of flour/sugar/whatever almost perfectly. I have them up and labeled already next to my modular mates and my cupboards are almost Tupperware lady worthy!

When I find them used I snag them up.

Good luck and I hope you can get the credit you need or the replacements you need.

Dawn

The reason that you can get lids or really any replacement parts for Tupperware older than I believe 10 years is they had a huge plant fire and lost almost everything in it, molds as well as inventory. This is what I was told and I sell Tupperware. If you are consistant you will find a rep that will replace your bowls and lids for free, she probably won't do it because she will be the one paying for it, not the company, granted at cost but still out of her pocket. I hope it all works out for you.:001_smile: