Menu

Doc confirms that ds has entered puberty...I'm scared

No surprise there. I took him to the endocrinologist today for his Hashimoto's and the doc confirmed that puberty has begun. It certainly explains some of the mood swings. He thinks that maybe ds is HYPERthyroid now because of his meds which would explain some more of the behaviors and inability to sleep. We're waiting for the labs to come back. Puberty? Dude, I am so not ready for this. This is me leaving town until the kids are done with puberty:auto:

No surprise there. I took him to the endocrinologist today for his Hashimoto's and the doc confirmed that puberty has begun. It certainly explains some of the mood swings. He thinks that maybe ds is HYPERthyroid now because of his meds which would explain some more of the behaviors and inability to sleep. We're waiting for the labs to come back. Puberty? Dude, I am so not ready for this. This is me leaving town until the kids are done with puberty:auto:

Don't know if this will help but my aspie nephew is suddenly way more stable now that he's hit puberty (almost 14 now). He went through a difficult patch but is doing just great now.

Now your post is scaring me, and my oldest DS is only 7. . .:scared:

Seriously, I hope it goes well for you, and you have great teenage years w/ your son.

Don't be scared. Things have been really difficult with ds because of his Asperger's and thyroid problems. Now adding puberty into the mix is sending him into hyperdrive. I doubt that you're ds will be as challenging when the time comes. It's a mixture of things that create the perfect storm.

Don't know if this will help but my aspie nephew is suddenly way more stable now that he's hit puberty (almost 14 now). He went through a difficult patch but is doing just great now.

Thanks for the reassurance. The doc said he's about 3 mos into puberty so that explains the last 3 months of h*ll. I'm looking for the light on the other side of this.