Menu

Thinking through my game plan, input welcome.

My daughter has been sick too. This is her senior year and we are finishing up VERY differently than I had planned. But, I've come to the understanding that it is OK. :)

I think it is a good idea to have an over-all plan. However, be careful to not lock yourself into that. A lot of things change.

We've used quite a few BJU materials over the years. In my opinion, they are the best and most interesting textbooks available. We've never been able to afford DVDs and such; and, many years (including this one) I could not even afford the teacher's manual.

Sometimes I've just used the BJU textbook as a spine and used library books and documentaries to add to it. Then when sickness hits, you can still have the textbook to fall back on and still get everything covered to a minimal degree.

And, although $ , or lack thereof :), has always been a major factor in planning curricula I've always tried to find the best buy to fit the best dream or plan. I've never said, "It would be less to buy boxed curriculum , so I'm going to forego my plan for the least expensive option." I've always said, "Here's my plan/dream. What is the least expensive way we can do it?"

Deos that make any sense at all?:001_huh:

My daughter has been sick too. This is her senior year and we are finishing up VERY differently than I had planned. But, I've come to the understanding that it is OK. :)

I think it is a good idea to have an over-all plan. However, be careful to not lock yourself into that. A lot of things change.

We've used quite a few BJU materials over the years. In my opinion, they are the best and most interesting textbooks available. We've never been able to afford DVDs and such; and, many years (including this one) I could not even afford the teacher's manual.

Sometimes I've just used the BJU textbook as a spine and used library books and documentaries to add to it. Then when sickness hits, you can still have the textbook to fall back on and still get everything covered to a minimal degree.

And, although $ , or lack thereof :), has always been a major factor in planning curricula I've always tried to find the best buy to fit the best dream or plan. I've never said, "It would be less to buy boxed curriculum , so I'm going to forego my plan for the least expensive option." I've always said, "Here's my plan/dream. What is the least expensive way we can do it?"

Deos that make any sense at all?:001_huh:

I am sorry to hear about your daughter. Yes, it makes sense, bless you for sharing. I understand, I usually get most everything used or at CBD warehouse sales. The complete subject pkg. is a huge amount of money and I had other plans (bills to pay) with tax returns but it is just about do-able if we use them.

I will mourn the pal/dream in my head though, even if the reality is, it never would have been.