Menu

Thanksgiving internet sites from a Christian perspective?

Have you found any good interactive kid sites that feature Thanksgiving from a Christian perspective? (Basically just not wanting it to be about politics but at least mentioning thanksgiving to God, etc.)

This isn't a debate question - feel free to believe what you want without commenting about the different sides. Just looking for an internet site for the kids to have fun with about Thanksgiving.

I don't have a link right now, but I heard an interview on Focus on the Family recently w/ a lady who'd written a book about Thanksgiving, from a historical/Christian perspective (she was a hist major). It's illustrated w/ watercolor paintings she did (they said), & I can't get my mind off of it. It sounds *wonderful*--but I haven't actually seen it.

HTH--a little, lol.

I don't have a link right now, but I heard an interview on Focus on the Family recently w/ a lady who'd written a book about Thanksgiving, from a historical/Christian perspective (she was a hist major). It's illustrated w/ watercolor paintings she did (they said), & I can't get my mind off of it. It sounds *wonderful*--but I haven't actually seen it.

Was it Barbara Rainey's book? If so, it is lovely. I just got it this year, so I haven't read through it all the way, but has a short read-aloud version (for young kids) and a longer read-aloud version (for older kids) It also has a lovely CD of hymns (just music, except the Doxology which is sung).

OP, I have some links on my delicious list about Thanksgiving; they aren't all Christian, but there are some neat ideas/activities there.