Menu

Another swine flu question ...

In my very limited experience. Yes.

My daughter (dd11) was the only one who got pukey sick. She had a fever and a cough, but not too awful. My older son (ds9) ran a fever but barely slowed down. My little son (ds5) ran a fever and had the most awful cough I have heard in a long time. I took little son to the doctor and was told he had a flu-like illness and to treat the fever and wait the cough out. And come back if the cough got worse or the fever went away and came back.

As of right now, I look to be following in little son's footsteps. I have the fever and the cough. I feel exhausted and I haven't moved farther than from one couch to another all day.

I hate being sick.

My symptoms and my kiddos are very similar; however, my fever did not get as high as theirs (mine about 101, theirs up to 104.4). I bounced back slightly quicker, also.

What I found amazing was how we all came down with it at the same time. Any other year with any other virus, it rolled through our family over time, one person to another, to varying degrees. This one, as if our bodies had no immunity to this new virus at all, hit us hard and fast and all at once.

Blessings,

Lisa

This one, as if our bodies had no immunity to this new virus at all, hit us hard and fast and all at once.

Blessings,

Lisa

Yes, well that would be because your bodies literally had no immunity to this virus. None at all. So it's not just 'as if', it truly is 'as'

Glad to hear you're recovered.

JenneinAZ - hope you bounce back fast! Things aren't much fun when mama is sick.