Menu

Does anyone subscribe to the Clean Eating Magazine?

Do you like it? I have subscribed to different cooking magazines for several years and discontinued them all for the past couple of years. Life was just too crazy and I decided to get them from the library if I had the urge.

I was toying with the idea of subscribing to Eating Well but I happened to see a copy of Clean Eating at B&N recently and was intrigued. Our library does not subscribe to it.

Any opinions about the magazine?

Thanks.

I've never heard of it! Sounds fascinating. Did you get a good look at it? Features? Focus?

I want a cooking magazine and want something that would be heavy on organic, local, healthy, vegetarian but maybe not exclusively vegetarian. Is that even possible? LOL.

My family just returned and I need to get dinner :001_smile: but you can get a good idea from the website at cleaneatingmag.com. Don't type in magazine. The only downside is that it is quarterly, so a long wait between issues!

HTH

I've never heard of it! Sounds fascinating. Did you get a good look at it? Features? Focus?

I want a cooking magazine and want something that would be heavy on organic, local, healthy, vegetarian but maybe not exclusively vegetarian. Is that even possible? LOL.

They were offering a free sample and I signed up for it. I really liked the issue I got but didn't have the funds to get the subscription right then. THe free sample said there was no obligation. Then I got two or three notices from them about paying for the subscription I signed up for, and the tone was a complete put down and I felt borderlining harrassing. I have gotten notices before about subscriptions and nothing was like this. So while I liked the magazine, whoever is in charge of writing there memos is rude. I sure don't want to have to deal with that even if I like the product.

I have been getting it for about a year now and LOVE it. I also own the Tosca Reno books Eat Clean Diet and the one for family. She also just released another one this month. Maybe your library has some of those that you can check out? I started with the books and then got the magazine after getting hooked on the eat clean kick.

I have had it for over a year and love it. I am a very basic eater myself and love the recipes in it. My husband even has enjoyed some of the food. I even ventured away from lean ground beef to ground turkey. We now use ground turkey in most of our ground beef recipes and really only notice that it is leaner.

I have bought the magazine twice. I really like the 2 weeks worth of menus (though it used to be a whole month and I miss that. . .) and the corresponding grocery lists. I have to tweak the recipes/menus some because we have milk allergies here. I've personally found that I don't get to the recipes that are not part of their menu plan but that's my problem, not theirs.

Thanks for the responses so far. Anybody else? :lurk5:

Do you like it? I have subscribed to different cooking magazines for several years and discontinued them all for the past couple of years. Life was just too crazy and I decided to get them from the library if I had the urge.

I was toying with the idea of subscribing to Eating Well but I happened to see a copy of Clean Eating at B&N recently and was intrigued. Our library does not subscribe to it.

Any opinions about the magazine?

Thanks.

Thanks for posting about this. I have one of Tosca Reno's cookbooks and love it! It's like she took all the research for nutrition that I've done over the years and made a cookbook for exactly my philosophy-healthy and unprocessed, but not total vegetarian, includes things like kefir, etc., that a lot of people don't know about but that I am convinced are important for optimum health.

I had seen this mag awhile back (Tami on here recommended it) and couldn't afford it at the time, but it'll be a great thing to ask for for Christmas-thanks for reminding me about it!