Menu

Writing with Ease 3? Reviews?

lisabees

Well I haven't actually used it, but some differences that I noticed, and liked because I have and older ds, was that the line were smaller. Much more suitable for an older child and it looks like the reading selections are in the student pages so that the child can read the passage on his own. Which, works much better for us as I was copying the passages for ds to read because it was very difficult for him to listen to me read and then answer the questions and pick out the thread-he had to be able to see the words himself.

Looks good, though, and I can't wait to use it.

I haven't used the previous WWE books, but did download the WWE3 6 week sample. I am loving it and I think it is excellent. My only other experience with dictation was with HOD's Bigger Hearts and it was so simple. I think WWE3 is definitely more what I was looking for with my girls.

The reading sections are only in the student pages not the teacher's pages. I have to admit that we haven't made it very far b/c I ran out of ink. I plan to purchase the complete WWE3 soon and save my printer ink :tongue_smilie:.

Well, I can have a much better review in a few weeks - we're starting it on Monday!! :hurray: I've already rebound the student and teacher pages into two separate sprial bound books - so much easier to use that way!

We just did the final evaluation in WWE2 last week, and then my dd insisted we do an extra day where she got to be the teacher, read me the selection, and then dictate a narration to her!

I can just second what everybody else said about the most obvious differences - the reading selections in the student pages, the narrower lines. Also, on the day where the student dictates a narration to you to have you dictate some lines back, there are just a few lines in the teacher part for you to write on - there are no longer pages in the student pages for that.

I think (hope) that we'll like it just as much as WWE2. I think my dd8 is very ready to read it herself, and taking charge that much more.

I really like it so far! There's a few lessons on poetry too--a really gentle intro. We don't use the lined paper, I prefer him to work on his own paper (that way he can get many narrations on one page). I still wish the lined paper wasn't there or was optional, but it's my only gripe. It's a really good program. I finally starting to see some progress in narration skills!

I haven't used the other versions, so can't compare between versions, but I am really liking WWE 3. We are now up to week 8 and it has already sparked my daughter's interest in a couple books and I am seeing an improvement in her ability to apply the grammar lessons she's had. I also have her do the work on separate paper. I wish there was a version that had just the readings and teacher pages, that would be a bit less unwieldy and, supposedly, less expensive.

I just did this. This way, I can print off the stories without the large-lined paper part. Ds can write on regular ol' notebook paper or keep all his lessons in one of those little composition books!

Only $9.50 for the download at Peacehill Press.

Robin

The issue with this for me is that I would then be missing all the instructional part----the dictations and the suggestions on which particular parts of speech to emphasize. I really like that part of the program to be laid out for me, so I would want the teacher section and the stories, just not the lined pages.

The issue with this for me is that I would then be missing all the instructional part----the dictations and the suggestions on which particular parts of speech to emphasize. I really like that part of the program to be laid out for me, so I would want the teacher section and the stories, just not the lined pages.

You can now buy the whole workbook as a PDF download (including the instructor part), only it's $27.95, not $9.95. I still bought the printed version (though I do use the lined paper :)).