Menu

Christian Kids Explore series

NavyWifeandMommy

I just love this series! We've used only Biology so far (which included a unit on the Human Body) but have Earth and Space and plan to implement it very soon. I love how the lessons are laid out, very 'bite size' and yet plenty of ideas to "beef it up" for older studens. There are hands-on activities, scriptures to memorize, etc. I found that I preferred it to Apologia b/c my kids bored easily of just ONE topic. CKE explored one area of science, touching on the major parts (Bio included plants, human body, animals, etc.).

I just love this series! We've used only Biology so far (which included a unit on the Human Body) but have Earth and Space and plan to implement it very soon. I love how the lessons are laid out, very 'bite size' and yet plenty of ideas to "beef it up" for older studens. There are hands-on activities, scriptures to memorize, etc. I found that I preferred it to Apologia b/c my kids bored easily of just ONE topic. CKE explored one area of science, touching on the major parts (Bio included plants, human body, animals, etc.).

:iagree: That's exactly what I wanted to say. :001_smile: We are actually only a few weeks into Biology but we are absolutely loving it! I do plan to continue with Earth and Space when we finish Biology.

Earth & Space is great! I'm not a hands-on person and I didn't mind the activities. They all had a purpose and didn't seem pointless like the activities in some books. My DD is doing CKE Chemistry with a co-op and it's going very well. The teacher is adding quite a bit to it since the class is older, but CKE is providing a good base for the class. I also like that it's open & go and the material is well organized. I agree with PP that CKE can be completed faster than written.