Menu

I would love to hear about neurofeedback successes

Ds12 is an aspie, adhd kid with Hasimoto's Disease(thyroid). His behaviors are combative to say the least. Dh and I are exhausted dealing with him all of the time. He argues and whines and I could go on and on. We have tried numerous meds, gluten/casein/soy free diets, mega vitamins and numerous other things. We are having him evaluated for seizures even though I doubt that he has them. We're double checking the seizures because his brother is epileptic. After that, we are thinking of trying neurofeedback. My insurance won't pay for it so I want to hear some stories of how it helped. We've spent thousands on the diets, vitamins and programs. Any success stories with neurofeedback? I know it's not a guarantee or a fix it all. Even if it only helped some. That would be more than most things we've tried. Anyone? Thanks for reading:)

We did it and I think it helped a bit. The meds though were about 90% of the difference.

I can't remember but have you seen a pediatric psychiatrist? If seizures are ruled out, then that might be a good next step. It did take some trial and error but now we have a good med plan and things are much better.

We did feedback with two of our children. We dd has add and ds has add, spd,apd, dyslexia, anxiety and probably something else which I am forgetting. We did see progress with both kids. DD is able to focus better, her math scores are MUCH improved. Ds sleeps in his own room now!!!!!, is better able to tolerate loud noise, follows directions better, listens longer, was able to write on a line better. In general, we have seen lots of things but many things were very subtle and hard to put into words.

HTH,

KIrstin

We have used neurofeedback successfully for two children. My son used to be so anxiety stricken that he could not go out in public. After treatments, he is incredibly friendly and has absolutely no anxiety about anything; including my navigating skills which used to cause him horrible anxiety attacks.

My daughter is able to focus so much better and I even occassionally get a treatment myself and it definately helps me focus and organize my thoughts much better.

If any of you would care to share I would like to know what programs you used and for how many treatments. I am considering paying for neurofeedback for my son but obviously the money and time are big factors.

I am desperate for some help for this son but money doesn't grow on trees.

I forgot that I posted this:blushing: Ds is going to his endocrinologist tomorrow to check his thyroid levels which are low alot(Hashimoto's). After that we are having an EEG done to rule out seizures. After we check some things off the list I will definitely look closer at neurofeedback. Thanks for the responses