Poll: Phillies? Yankees? Huh? Other

Phillies? Yankees? Huh? Other  

1. 1. Phillies? Yankees? Huh? Other

• Phillies
    • Yankees
    • Huh?
    • Other

I basically cheer for NOT-the-Yankees.

Same here. We are total Angels and Dodger's fans, but since old-school Dodger's were the arch enemies of the Yankees and current day Angels are as well, we just can't root for the Yankees ever. ;)

Amen, sister. Minus the "lifelong NYY fan" part. ;)

:lol::lol::lol: I am sure we will watch the series just so we can get as much baseball in before the long winter hits.

We live in New Jersey, almost EXACTLY in between Philadelphia and New York. We actually live on what some people here think of as The Line -- an imaginary dividing line between fans of Philly teams and fans of NY teams. If you live in Kendall Park or Princeton or New Brunswick, you are far enough east and north to be on the NY side of The Line. But if you live in, say, Burlington City or Cherry Hill or Mount Holly, you are far enough south and west to be on the Philly side. Where we are? No man's land! Ewing, Pennington, Hamilton, Lawrence, Trenton -- from what I've seen, they're all a toss up. If you want to know, you have to ask (never safe to assume). ;)

Around here, churches have competitions to see which "side" can contribute a higher offering, or which team can contribute the most cans to the soup kitchen buckets. Who will tips the balance? Then the pastor wears a jersey of the winning team, even if he HATES the team. It's all in fun.

22 years ago I moved to Long Island and someone told me I had to pick a baseball team. Mets or Yankees. Not knowing anything I chose Yankees. [i like their uniforms better;)] Here I am 20+ years later married to a die hard Yankee fan living in Oregon. Go Yankees!!!!!! [Man that Phillies pitcher was good.:glare:]

Where we are? No man's land! Ewing, Pennington, Hamilton, Lawrence, Trenton -- from what I've seen, they're all a toss up. If you want to know, you have to ask (never safe to assume). ;)

I always assummed those areas were for NY, especially Lawrence and Trenton. I could see Ewing and Hamilton going either way (I went to school in Ewing). I don't know Pennington well enough. :001_smile:

My husband is from the Bronx and is a life-long Phillies fan. smiley-sad006.gif

WHAT?! Is that why you live in NJ now? Because they kicked him out of New York???

:lol:

Oh yeah, Yanks fans here too, of course. And yes, we are north of the "dividing line," but mainly, we just love the Yanks. When I first met DH, he was on the fence but mostly a Mets fan. I took care of that in short order.

I basically cheer for NOT-the-Yankees.

:iagree:I was brainwashed this way at a very young age and it stuck. My dad passed away a few years ago, but I feel like he would know it if I pulled for the Yankees. My dh is a big Yankee fan, but I'm pulling for the Phillies.

I always assummed those areas were for NY, especially Lawrence and Trenton. I could see Ewing and Hamilton going either way (I went to school in Ewing). I don't know Pennington well enough. :001_smile:

Hey! :seeya: That's where we live!

I think it's a tough call on the areas around here, because if you have family from Philly, you'll lean one way, but if you have closer ties to NY, you go that way. Of course, some people seem to hate both teams. Go figure.

Where did you go to school here? How do you like TN?