Menu

Moving to lial bcm ?

I know this is an elementary question but my goal is getting ready for high school math. :)

would you think it okay for a student to go from Saxon 65 to lial bcm?

I really hate Saxon. Really. I think it's best used for kindling.

But it's what I have available so we're manning up and doing it. But I don't want to buy more Saxon after this.

Next kid up is finishing mcp e. Do you think progressing through the key to series and lof (both of which I already own)will be best then lial bcm or what to fill the gap between 5th grade and bcm?

tia!

BCM flows nicely from 7/6.

If you hate Saxon so much try another program for 6th or 7th grade math and then go on to BCM. Saxon 6/5 is more of a 5th grade math book--with 6th grade material only at the very end. The pace in Saxon picks up in 7/6.

BCM covers the concepts from the beginning--but there would not be enough practice for a student who has not done the basics yet... it just 'reviews' the first part of the concept...

Oldest went from Saxon 65 (1st year homeschooling, hated it!) to Singapore 5 to Lial's BCM in 7th grade.

Middle ds (my math-struggler) used Saxon up through 76, then Lial's BCM supplemented by some of the Key to books in 8th grade.

Youngest ds used MCP math through F, then started BCM in 7th grade.

Hth somewhat. I love that Lial book!