Menu

What would you wear to your 20th hs reunion?

My 20th high school reunion is next month and I'm trying to figure out what to wear. It's a semi-formal event with dinner, drinks, dancing. I've yet to go out and shop for real, but have been browsing different sites. I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard and overdo it. I've come up with a few that I like, but am wondering what others would wear. Here's a few of them. Tell me what you think or if you find something you like, link it so I can see. Thanks!

beaded jersey dress

sheath dress

jersey dress

halter dress this is my favorite

Edited by Paintedlady

My logic?

Purple is my favorite color and looks great with my skin. YMMV. Plus it's very fashion forward this year.

Also, I'm guessing most women will wear black, with maybe two people wearing red and one wearing white. Purple could be unique and memorable.

And lastly, of all of the designs, this is the most classy and sophisticated. Great for dancing, too!

I like the first one "beaded jersey dress". The halter dress was my least favorite (sorry). I little too much fluff in the front, but the back is pretty. The beaded jersey is simple yet elegant without trying too hard. Just my .02. Have fun:001_smile:

You should choose something that is comfortable that you feel like a million dollars wearing!

That said, I like the third for a number of reasons. It is a classic, elegant dress that would make a great palette for any accessory or jewelry you choose. You would probably get some good after-reunion mileage out of this dress and wear it again and again with accessory changes.

The halter is really cute, but with all those ruffles, you would want to limit your jewelry choices to keep from appearing over done (JMO). Definitely a hair-done-up dress in my book.

Ack! You girls are no help at all. ;) You're all just like me.

I'm convinced that I should go with #1 and then I think, "No, too plain." (I love plain!) and think #2 is so classy, but think maybe it's too old, and then I love the sweeping flowy look to #3 but then think, "No it's too long and formal.", and finally I love #4, and ruffles are supposed to be very fashionable this year (along w/purple) but then I think it's a little young and maybe I look like I'm trying too hard. I'm hopelessly deadlocked. :glare:

My 20th high school reunion is next month and I'm trying to figure out what to wear. It's a semi-formal event with dinner, drinks, dancing. I've yet to go out and shop for real, but have been browsing different sites. I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard and overdo it. I've come up with a few that I like, but am wondering what others would wear. Here's a few of them. Tell me what you think or if you find something you like, link it so I can see. Thanks!

beaded jersey dress

sheath dress

jersey dress

Love your choices. The two that stood out for me were the beaded jersey dress and the halter dress.

beaded jersey dress

sheath dress

jersey dress

I love the beaded jersey dress! :001_smile: