Menu

Can I combine Mosdos with DITHOR? How Do you use Mosdos?

ckmommyof3

I recently purchased the Mosdos Press Coral program. After the shock of seeing the teacher's manuals, (both books combined over 1000 pages!!!!), my first thought was to sell it.

I have taken another look at the program and I would like to try to use it with my daughter. She is in 5th grade and reading at a 9th grade level. Has anyone just used the student text/workbook? (The teacher's manual truly scares me, lol!) I would like to combine this with DITHOR if possible. Maybe one month of Mosdos /one month of DITHOR? How do you use Mosdos? Any advice is appreciated!!!

The TM has multiple questions for each page the student reads. I pick the questions to ask that I think are most important. If the student uses the workbook, I skipped the questions at the end of the story. I never have the student do every single workbook page. My goal in using the program is to have some way of introducing story elements that may be tested on standardized tests (which my dc are required to take), check reading comprehension and incorporate a bit of writing into our reading curriculum without totally destroying my dcs' love of reading. Remember, the books are textbooks, written for use in schools so a teacher there would need enough questions to ask to make sure most (ideally, all) of the children could participate in a discussion. I like the TMs because they contain extra information for the teacher and all the answers to the questions in the text and the workbook. It makes my job easier.