Menu

X-Post: Supplementing Spanish 3?

I speak never having gotten to the Spanish III level. My daughter took an out of the home class for Spanish I and then she did Spanish II at home. I made the mistake of piling on so much stuff that she has sworn never to do Spanish again. That said, however, one of the fun things my daughter did like was Calvin and Hobbes in Spanish. Our library had a variety of titles available. I also used Harry Potter y la piedra filosofal by J. K. Rowling for copywork as my daughter was a big Harry Potter fan.

Regards,

Kareni

Kareni, that's a great idea. We are big Calvin and Hobbes fans. She already watches the "Lola" soap opera and has a great time trying to figure out what is going on. Someone else on the board suggested using the Spanish option on our DVDs. I hadn't thought of that. I am going to have to find another resource that helps me with my verb tenses so I can help her.

calvin and hobbes in Spanish!!! What fun - where did you find these? My son will be doing Spanish 3 at home next year, and that will be a challenge. We love Calvin and Hobbes here, the English version, and I think reading them in Spanish would be wonderful. Thanks for the suggestion!

Blessings,

April

calvin and hobbes in Spanish!!! What fun - where did you find these? My son will be doing Spanish 3 at home next year, and that will be a challenge. We love Calvin and Hobbes here, the English version, and I think reading them in Spanish would be wonderful.

I would love to find that too - as I posted in the x-post, I've got lots of Mafaldas, but the humor can be a bit oblique at times, and with no English translation (and Argentinian Spanish), I was holding off on those.

My kids have loved Peanuts in German, so any famiilar comics in Spanish would be great to know about. The local foreign book store only carries more Mafalda.

We were very fortunate to find the Spanish language version of Calvin and Hobbes in our local library's collection.

Would inter-library loan be an option for you? You could also use the advanced search function of WorldCat to see what libraries near you might have the books. Search using the title "Calvin y Hobbes" and you'll see the various titles. Then click on each one and enter your zipcode to see what libraries carry each title.

Regards,

Kareni