Menu

Is there something like science in a nutshell for younger kids?

hsmom

I am looking for something hands on, fun, and just not too much info. This is for my Ker and I want him to do all the fun stuff with science right now. Like make slime, volcanoes, simple machines, all that. Just at his level not a high elementary level that would be way above his head.

Also I am looking for something that will not break the bank. I want to be able to do many different things with him. Also an open and go program would be the best. The ones that have all the supplies, well the majority of them at least.

Thank you for any help.

I just finished Science Excursion K and have it on the for sale board. You would have to buy the experiment kit or find the stuff on your own. We enjoyed it, but it only took us a month to go through. My son is a science nut though. It sounds like something you would like. Each lesson takes maybe 10 -15 minutes and is done once a week (unless you are like us and do lots of science everyday) There are worksheets and coloring sheets and experiments. It is a nice gentle intro to science.

I just finished Science Excursion K and have it on the for sale board. You would have to buy the experiment kit or find the stuff on your own. We enjoyed it, but it only took us a month to go through. My son is a science nut though. It sounds like something you would like. Each lesson takes maybe 10 -15 minutes and is done once a week (unless you are like us and do lots of science everyday) There are worksheets and coloring sheets and experiments. It is a nice gentle intro to science.

The replacement materials kit from science excursions for K level is only $7 so it sounds like a great deal for sure. I was actually looking at it for ds. We are about to start doing SL sci K, but we are a science-y family so was looking at adding sci excursions K once a week as well. I am glad to see it recommended here by a few people.

Pardon, how much religion in the text? Her web site makes her personal philosophy clear, but how much in the book? Thanks.

Every once in a while it will say God designed it to do this or created it to do that. There is nothing specific to Christianity. There isn't alot. If you believe that God created everything, then no matter what religion you are you shouldn't find anything objectionable.

The replacement materials kit from science excursions for K level is only $7 so it sounds like a great deal for sure. I was actually looking at it for ds. We are about to start doing SL sci K, but we are a science-y family so was looking at adding sci excursions K once a week as well. I am glad to see it recommended here by a few people.

The experiment kit is $15. I'm only selling the manual and activity pgs.