Menu

CLE Language Arts 100??

MommyX8

I am working through LTR with my 7 and 5 year old boys. We do 5 lessons per day (as on my last visit they said it was a 6 to 8 week course.) At this pace, we do one book every two days.

But I know that I can't match the LA with the LTR at this pace.

Anyone just use LA as a stand alone for 1st grade?

We did LA and Reading together for a while. Although the reading is good we just decided to sell it and use the reading from Sonlight. Now we just use CLE for LA and math for 1st grade. We LOVE it and my dd has learned so much! :)

We're doing CLE LA 100 by itself for language arts. I think it's more than was covered by my oldest in public school last year. I think it's probably fine by itself. My 6 yro son also could care less about language arts, anyway, so it's probably the most he could deal with.

We also have the reader for CLE 1st grade. The reader is really advanced.

We're doing CLE LA 200 with the 7 yro and it's a lot harder (and the lesson is 10x longer) than LA 100.

I am working through LTR with my 7 and 5 year old boys. We do 5 lessons per day (as on my last visit they said it was a 6 to 8 week course.) At this pace, we do one book every two days.

But I know that I can't match the LA with the LTR at this pace.

Anyone just use LA as a stand alone for 1st grade?

HOW ON EARTH DO YOU DO SO MUCH IN ONE DAY??????

My kids would rise up against me so fast! OH MY GOD!!!!!

You are talking like 30 pages of worksheets...flashcards...oral drill...an entire primer a week??? I am confused totally!! My 5 year old can read like the dickens...but to tortyure him with 30 worksheets a day...just for Phonics and reading?? I am totally stumped!!!

That said...LA 101 can be used completely separate from the reading.

WOW!

Faithe

We are. It's about 60% review for Dot, and so her reading is seperate from Language Arts, but we won't do a formal reading program this year. She does her lessons in her LightUnits, and then reads one page from whatever book we're working on at the moment. I like it, she's struggling just a bit with all the review because she's bored. :glare:

HOW ON EARTH DO YOU DO SO MUCH IN ONE DAY??????

My kids would rise up against me so fast! OH MY GOD!!!!!

You are talking like 30 pages of worksheets...flashcards...oral drill...an entire primer a week??? I am confused totally!! My 5 year old can read like the dickens...but to tortyure him with 30 worksheets a day...just for Phonics and reading?? I am totally stumped!!!

That said...LA 101 can be used completely separate from the reading.

WOW!

Faithe

Well, my kids are competitive in nature so this is just an extension of that. The 5 year old loves workbooks. I gave him Get Ready for the Code and he finished it in two days. Then he found the other two books and they were done within two days.

So the workbook lover is driving the competition with the 7 year old, they just go and go and go.

I tried teaching them separately but they always found a way to peek over a shoulder and give the answer first.

I am just using the LA and Reading 100. He had learned to read with 100EL and Phonics Pathways. Loves the Pathway Readers.

I LOVE CLE - the LA and the Math. Love the readers - but not a huge fan of the LU's. My sons are doing them, but I cross off a lot for my middle one and am starting to think I should do the same for the youngest or just do orally. We also use ETC - but all of these are on alternate days.

I didn't know about LTR in time and have always used 100EL with much success - not without much torture, though!! :tongue_smilie: