Menu

S/O--What's the BEST toy/game you've ever bought your children?

I read through the WORST ones, now I'd like to hear the BEST toys and games they ever received!

I'll go first. No brainer here...

LEGO'S!! Hands down, the best. They LOVE them and my ds6 is always thinking of ways to make money so he can buy more:D. Well, I guess they like the Wii too:lol:. I however, like the fact that they love their Lego's so much!

I'm on the hunt for cool Christmas gifts too!! They have given me some ideas, but I'd like to get them something that I'd like them to have, you know?

So, spill it!:001_smile:

Hmm, I can't think of anything other than Legos right now. Dc just discovered actual Legos (we've only had the bigger Duplos and MegaBloks up until now). They think they're the greatest thing ever. I am not looking forward to dd #2 learning to crawl and discovering the new Legos. But that's another post....

Although I don't have any good ideas, I DID get Christmas catalog from Rainbow Resources this week. Ooooh, they know just the right kind of toys to make a homeschooling mom's heart flutter. You need to get yourself one. :D

:lol::lol::lol::iagree:

No, really, my kids LOVE Transformers, bakugan, and pokemon. Some of the transformers that ds6 now plays with were actually bought for ds10 when he was about 5 or 6. They are a timeless hit with my kids!

Stuffed animals are huge with my younger son - he is just *that kind of kid.*

The basketball goal was a big hit, as was the TV in ds10's room (my ex-h bought it for him...a 42" :glare:), and his computer.

Mp3 players were a hit for a short time and then they started getting broken. My kids love their Nintendo Ds, but older son's has had two regular ds' and now has a Dsi. He keeps breaking them. Younger ds is only 6, and has an older ds (the first version) and it is still working fine! :tongue_smilie:

I'll have to second (or 3rd or 4th) legos. My dd's love their legos. We just got the new catalog and they are begging for the Medieval Market. They keep saying how it is educational since we're studying the middle ages. :001_smile:

They also love their American Girl dolls they got for Christmas last year. My younger dd considers non drying clay to be the best gift "ever"!

I would have to say the Wii gets the most consistent use from the whole family. The other items are more specific to each kid. My ds loves any and all things guns, swords, etc. He likes to run around in battle. My dd likes craft type things. Not specific kits or toys exactly. It can just be a bag of pipe cleaners that will keep her busy forever. So, my vote is Wii for total family enjoyment.

ETA - I just thought of the other thing that gets played with ALL THE TIME. The swings. We put in 3 swings awhile back. I have 17 kids here twice a week for homeschool activities. When they have free play - they are most often outside playing tag, "battle" and waiting for their turn on the swings.

Edited by Kari C in SC

Little People. We bought a bunch of them when DD5 was less than a year old. And we've acquired more over the last few years. DD5 played with them often, and still does. But DD2 absolutely LOVES them. That's all she's played with for the last year or more and she plays with them daily, for hours each time. And of course, they are excellent quality....you can't mess up a Little People.