Menu

Teaching Co US History - which one do you like? Linwood or Gallagher's lectures?

Linwood is Highschool and only goes through the 49ers I think . Gallagher is definitely college level lectures.

We loved the TC's History of the United States 2nd Ed with Guelzo, Gallagher and Allit. The two best in that bunch are Guelzo who does the colonial and rev war period and Allit who does the modern post reconstruction) period. Gallagher is great, but the other two are superb. When Gallagher is at his finest is during his lectures on civil war battles. Lee is his passion.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sharon

I watched Linwoods when my kids were elementary thru middle school - they were fun and perfect supplements. But the Gallagher are great for an indepth study. My ds (11th grade) is using them as his spine for US History this year (I have other items added as well) and he is really enjoying them. I just wish I had time to watch with him!

Linwood is Highschool and only goes through the 49ers I think . Gallagher is definitely college level lectures.

We loved the TC's History of the United States 2nd Ed with Guelzo, Gallagher and Allit. The two best in that bunch are Guelzo who does the colonial and rev war period and Allit who does the modern post reconstruction) period. Gallagher is great, but the other two are superb. When Gallagher is at his finest is during his lectures on civil war battles. Lee is his passion.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sharon

Ditto this exactly. If I had to pick, I think Allit - a Brit - is the best of all. :)