Menu

Please pray for my friend...

Please pray for my friend Carrie who is still in critical condition after a motorcycle accident last Sunday. They are continuing to keep her heavily sedated due to the amount of swelling of her brain. Please pray for a miracle and a complete recovery for her. She has 3 kids and her youngest is just a year old. Also pray for her husband who is feeling guilt on top of everything else because he was driving the motorcycle. Thank you!

We had an encouraging update today. Carrie is still on the vent, but the drs are going to start removing some of the equipment around her head. Over the next couple of days, they are going to bring her out of the coma, so she will hopefully be awake by Wednesday. I don't think they know yet what to expect in terms of brain damage. Please continue praying for a complete recovery. Thanks!

The doctors are concerned because Carrie is not coming out of her coma as expected. If there is no improvement by 2 am Wednesday morning, they will do another CT scan to look for and assess brain damage.

She is breathing on her own, but they have not removed the vent yet. When they removed the tubes from her head yesterday and stapled the cuts shut, tears fell from her eyes. The drs think she felt the sting of the staples going in. So there are some hopeful signs. Please continue to pray for her complete recovery. Thanks!

Are they still keeping her asleep? I hope you are doing well, Elizabeth.

No, they took her off the sedation meds on Monday and expected her to be awake or at least very responsive by Wednesday. Waiting is so hard. I can't even imagine what this is like for her husband and family. Thank you for your prayers.

Carrie is awake!! She is completely off the vent. She responds to some commands, but not all. She isn't connecting at all with whomever is talking to her.

They've done an MRI and are waiting for a neurologist to read it. Depending on the MRI results, she may be moved out of ICU this afternoon. Also, the neurologist will be able to give the family some idea of Carrie's long term prognosis. Tomorrow a speech therapist will begin working with her for speech and swallowing.

Please continue to pray for a complete recovery!

• 2 months later...

Carrie is home from rehab and she is continuing to improve. She came to church last Sunday and this morning. People who saw her both Sundays said the difference was amazing. This morning, she spoke to the pastor and she knew who he was. Based on her rapid progress, I believe she may make a full, 100% recovery. Thank you to all who prayed for her.