Menu

s/o - Han anyone in your household had H1N1?

Has someone in your home been sick with the Swine Flu?  

1. 1. Has someone in your home been sick with the Swine Flu?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Other

I'm sure we had it so I voted yes. It was a couple of months before it made big news so that was almost 2 years ago now? I can't remember. We had all the symptoms. The kids had milder cases that dh and I. It started with bad headaches and stomach aches and then got worse. Dh and I were in bed for about 5 days and it was about 3 weeks before we felt normal again. I hope that means we are better protected for this next round of flu. Is this wishful thinking?

I'm sure we had it so I voted yes. It was a couple of months before it made big news so that was almost 2 years ago now? I can't remember. We had all the symptoms. The kids had milder cases that dh and I. It started with bad headaches and stomach aches and then got worse. Dh and I were in bed for about 5 days and it was about 3 weeks before we felt normal again. I hope that means we are better protected for this next round of flu. Is this wishful thinking?

I think you mean almost a year ago (it was found in April 2009).

I am fairly certain we had it in April. My youngest got pneumonia from it but the rest of us recovered without incident. She was sick a long time but she is the most immune compromised of us all... The doc confirmed it as flu pneumonia but did not specify which strain.

I think you mean almost a year ago (it was found in April 2009).

The older I get the more time slips away. :D We actually had it about a year ago then. It was a few months before it was reported. We are down here near the border with Mexico so it's possible we had it before it was reported. I hope that is what it was so we don't get it again!

What I just read, H1N1 has the normal flu symptoms but comes on suddenly...then maybe this is what I just had (still have). I was up with abdominal pains (I've had for over a month) and after a couple of hours I suddenly got a fever and chills. Full-blown flu symptoms within 15min. It was weird since I've never noticed it coming on so quickly before.

This is day 3 for me and I'm OK as far as flu, but am covered head-to-toe with an allergic reaction rash from antibiotics. Maybe they weakened my immune system causing the flu to come on so suddenly. Who knows.

Two of us got it yesterday. My daughter woke up with a ticklish throat, and by lunchtime she was burning with fever. I felt fine in the morning, and in the afternoon was hit suddenly by it.

I say "suddenly," but actually for several days beforehand I was feeling pale and weary. The sickness itself came on quickly, though.

The virus went straight to my chest and lungs. For a few hours last night I worried that I might get pneumonia. However, by this morning I felt better. I'm on an antibiotic for Lyme Disease, and I wonder whether that kept the sickness from getting out of control.

We're both a little better -- no fever, just tiredness and coughing -- today. This isn't going to last long.

I'm pretty sure that's what we have now. It started with dh having fever, congestion, and now ALL six of my kids have various symptoms - coughing, fever, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throats, achiness, and fatigue. I've had a low-grade fever and some fatigue & cough, but thankfully not too bad. (Someone's gotta take care of all these people!)

This is the first time that we have all been hit at the same time. Usually when we come down with something, it is a little more staggered & misses one or two of us.

I'm pretty sure that's what we have now. It started with dh having fever, congestion, and now ALL six of my kids have various symptoms - coughing, fever, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throats, achiness, and fatigue. I've had a low-grade fever and some fatigue & cough, but thankfully not too bad. (Someone's gotta take care of all these people!)

This is the first time that we have all been hit at the same time. Usually when we come down with something, it is a little more staggered & misses one or two of us.

That is what struck me about what we had. Not only did my child who is NEVER sick, get sick, but we were also with two friends (a mother and daughter) the day ds6 got sick and they also got what we had around the same time the rest of us came down with it. Very bizarre - and all of us had similar symptoms that presented in very different ways.

Yes! I don't think all of the kids EVER started an illness the same time until they got H1N1 all together. It was nice to not have the stagger effect so that we could care for it all at once.