Menu

What do you think???

lovinmykids

We've been working in our BJU Math 2, because Dd needed to master a few things before we move on to 3. I don't think she will ever have her add/sub. facts down cold, but she can get her answers with her fingers or she uses the air. (I'm sure you know what I mean).

Well, she is so bored that math has become a major battle!!!! I feel like we should just move on into 3 and see how it goes.

Doesn't things kind of get reviewed and then go into a little more depth each year?

My one son really struggled with math, and the teachers keep moving him on and eventually he got it. So, should I do that with her?

I kind of went thru the chapters and picked some things to test her on and she can do them. Of course I didn't go into depth with everything but I just wanted to see if she could do some of the problems.

She has a tough time with certain kinds of story problems, but I think with time, it will come.

She's pretty good at picking up multiplication quickly so I'm not worried about that.

What would you do?

Thanks!

I would move on. Just continue with flash cards to get in review. Have you tried those math facts songs? that might help. I was slow memorizing my facts. I teach math now and tool a lot of upper level math in college. As a matter of fact the students in college who were math majors were actually slow on math fact recall, but were really good at Algebra and Calc. So there is hope:)