Menu

Decluttering challenge, anyone? 100 items this week

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We threw out 80% -90% of the items on our first and second floor yesterday (fire/smoke damage) - does that count? :001_smile:

Lisa, you win. I'm not even going to try to beat that. :tongue_smilie:

:grouphug: and kuddos to you for keeping your sense of humor. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Grand total Sunday night

7 boxes/bags to goodwill

3 big toys to goodwill

4 bags of trash out

1 bookcase to dumpster

1 dresser to dumpster

4 boxes of junk to dumpster

1 toybox sold

1 toy holder(3 rows of buckets) sold

That puts me at 87/100 I am sure I can find 13 more things today(of course if I counted each item separately rather than boxes/bags as one I think I would be at 300 by now)

I was just catching upon the thread. You all did so well!!! I, on the other hand, blew it :rolleyes: I was swamped by work and a sick kid and a family issue around midweek and lost momentum. I did eventually get through the stuffed animals, though they didn't make it out of the house. I want to take a huge load to Goodwill all at once, since I'm not down there too often, so all the giveaways are congregating in my downstairs storage room. It's a stuffed animal party in there! :)

Congratulations, everyone. Even if you didnt make it to 100, every little bit counts!

I was just catching upon the thread. You all did so well!!! I, on the other hand, blew it :rolleyes: I was swamped by work and a sick kid and a family issue around midweek and lost momentum. I did eventually get through the stuffed animals, though they didn't make it out of the house. I want to take a huge load to Goodwill all at once, since I'm not down there too often, so all the giveaways are congregating in my downstairs storage room. It's a stuffed animal party in there! :)

Congratulations, everyone. Even if you didnt make it to 100, every little bit counts!

Are you sure Goodwill takes stuffed animals? Around here, no one will accept them, so they go straight in the trash.

Are you sure Goodwill takes stuffed animals? Around here, no one will accept them, so they go straight in the trash.

A suggestion for those that can't take stuffies to good will. The SPCA or other animal shelters LOVE to get stuffies for the animals(especially the dogs) to play with. Just make sure the eyes and noses are securely fastened to prevent the animal choking.

I put item #101 out last night! I'm going to do some cleaning today and then start over again, aiming for another 100. Should we start a new thread for this week?

Jennifer

Sounds good to me. I clearer out our old toyroom in the basement last week, and am now trying to sort things into our new toy storage on the main floor. I also sorted through 1/2 the boxes in our storage room but realized that was taking all my time while the mainfloor looked like a bomb went off. Once the main floor is back to normal I am starting on the master bedroom, specifically the books and teh closet. I should be able to get another 100 items out(though this time I am counting individual items not complete bags/boxes). I have the dumpster until next Sunday morning so trying to make the best use of it.

plus the original count we now got rid of

1 car seat

1 booster seat

2 training potty's

a large stack of baby hangers

2 large totes of 2-4 t boy clothes

1 dress up cowboy outfit with boots!

a large container of homemade finger puppets

almost forgot a large stack of knit hats and mittens/scarves

= 64/100

But tomorrow is a brand new day!

new items removed from my home

4 tote's of girl clothes

1 box of broken glasses

2 broken picture frames

2 decorative cans

7 more books

= 80/100

not 100 but I am still happy, of course if we counte deach item individually 100 would be no problem

:lol: I still have all my maternity clothes, several boxes of my very favorite baby clothes, a breast pump, and my crib and mattress. I just KNOW the minute I give any of those things away, I'll be pregnant. DH never even complains, because he's askeered too :scared: :lol:

Aw, I gave everything away HOPING I'd need it and it didn't work.

I will start a new thread for this week.

Jennifer

I got a late start - didn't see the thread till Wednesday night (out of town for two days as well); I only made it to 47/100 - but it felt so good! I was planning to continue on my own - but I think the motivation of the Hive helps tremendously!

Thank you, Jennifer, for starting a new thread for this week! What is it called? I haven't noticed it . . . Or do we just add on to this thread?:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks again for the motivation! While I will be away Tuesday and Wednesday again this week, I will at least have five days to strive for 100, rather than four days.:001_smile:

ETA: I just found the new thread for this week! :)

Edited by eaglei

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm in and didn't know it! I started by cleaning out old workbook papers from 1-4 grade! Considering it took several paper sacks, that should be worth at least 10 points! ha ha ha

Prairie, this thread is pretty old, so if you want to challenge yourself, you should start a new one. I bet a bunch of people would jump on the spring cleaning bandwagon with you! I would, but we have family arriving in town tomorrow for 10 days and will be swamped *sigh*