Menu

Do you attract weirdos??

I certanly do. I have attracted them since I was a teen. I've had to call police a few times, etc..

Today I went to the store and a very weirdo looking man says to me, "I like your hair, it's cool." (you had to see and hear him) People turned around and I just keep on walking. Then, we walked to the parking lot and a lady came at us, walking very fast saying she needed money because she ran out of gas. I said no and kept walking; holding on to dd's hand very tightly. She then went to a man, and then came back to us and asked again. I said I had no cash. (I wasn't going to give her anything anyway). Well, she got into a brand new suburban and drove it!! :confused: I followed her to the other side of the parking lot and she had picked up a man (not the same one), and stopped, jumped out and started talking to someone in another car. She then got back in and zoomed out of the parking lot almost hitting another car.

Now, I have to go out again, All weirdo's stay away!!

:tongue_smilie:

Edited to say: I put up a new avatar. Is my hair "way out?" my dh thinks so. ;)

Yes! I am a wierdo magnet. Always have been. Back when I was much younger and actually went to bars, there would always be the creepy "corner stander" (you know, the guy who positions himself so he can people watch from the best vantage point?), and for some reason, they always thought they could talk to Me!

Wierdos still follow me around, but now its at the grocery store or in the gas station, gosh, even on the street. (shudder)

And, I think your new hair is really fun and you look great in it!

I like your hair... I don't think that is your "weirdo" magnet... OHHh and by the way my famiy is a psycho magnet... bring me your crazy, non-medicated people because they LOVE US!

LOVE US

You must be my long-lost twin! Man do I attract the crazy people! I have seriously considered going back to school to get a degree in counseling. At least that way I'd get paid to listen to the crazy people.

You must be my long-lost twin! Man do I attract the crazy people! I have seriously considered going back to school to get a degree in counseling. At least that way I'd get paid to listen to the crazy people.

HAHAHAHA I almost got my degree in counseling but I learned one very important fact:

I DON'T LIKE THE PSYCHO PEOPLE

I seem to be a weirdo magnet as well. Must be something about my social work training...the crazies all find me, or else maybe I am just in too many places where I find them!

I used to have a stalker...a druggie that followed me to church/home from the detention center I worked in and decided he was "in love" with me. Once had a teenager follow me to my car and try to take my purse at knifepoint (I kicked his *ss, in case you were wondering! :D) While at work in the red light district in my town (as a probation officer), I was mistaken multiple times for a prostitute and had to scare a few guys off with my badge. I was shot at while working in a residential tx center (they missed). Just this week, I walked by a very weird family in the grocery and the little three year old looked at me, smiled and said, "B*tch!" Ran into them again on the next aisle and the nutjob of a father (complete with missing teeth, a horrible smell and hill-billy outfit!) said, "I love you!" to me, right in front of his wife. :glare:

I know, I'm weird. Or at least they think I am!

I seem to be a weirdo magnet as well. Must be something about my social work training...the crazies all find me, or else maybe I am just in too many places where I find them!

I used to have a stalker...a druggie that followed me to church/home from the detention center I worked in and decided he was "in love" with me. Once had a teenager follow me to my car and try to take my purse at knifepoint (I kicked his *ss, in case you were wondering! :D) While at work in the red light district in my town (as a probation officer), I was mistaken multiple times for a prostitute and had to scare a few guys off with my badge. I was shot at while working in a residential tx center (they missed). Just this week, I walked by a very weird family in the grocery and the little three year old looked at me, smiled and said, "B*tch!" Ran into them again on the next aisle and the nutjob of a father (complete with missing teeth, a horrible smell and hill-billy outfit!) said, "I love you!" to me, right in front of his wife. :glare:

I know, I'm weird. Or at least they think I am!

LOL wow....we must be twins...

Can you explain your hair because I can't really see it in the picture? From the picture, it looks like a mullet style spiked on the top with one little section cut for bangs? I can't tell if you have it longer in the back or not, though. LOL

Yes, I am a weirdo magnet. I can't speak to crazy people, though, because with my HA and OCD, I kinda AM ONE.

Re: The grocery store love guy: He probably just wanted to express his appreciation for you not yelling at his kid or him after his kid called you that name!

My store attracts wierdoes...I don't think it's me personally, just the place.:) "Hi, Welcome to Wal-Mart!"

Then again, that doesn't explain certain individuals I've encountered on the bus, or the lady in the parking lot of ANOTHER wal-mart asking for money for her M-power (prepaid electricity--worst thing ever invented out here) in the middle of summer...

Maybe it's just this town. There weren't many wierdoes in my hometown back in TX. Well, except me, and DH when I took him back there to live for a while. He and his brother would go for walks at night (both are night owls) in their black trenchcoats, and invariably the cops would pull up beside them and try and question them...for walking around. :confused: Bored cops aren't a bad thing in principle, I suppose.

Oh, there was one wierdo who called the cops on me when DD was about 7 or 8 mo. I was walking down the street with her in a kozy carrier on my back. She was fast asleep. Apparently someone driving by at 45mph thought something was wrong. As I told the cop, "I can feel her breathing against my back, safe as houses". And he could see she was slathered with sunscreen. He apologized and moved on...

I knew this guy in college, before he joined the army: http://skippyslist.com/list/

He was my example for why NOT to do LSD...

Maybe I'm the wierdo?

Edited by Ravin

Can you explain your hair because I can't really see it in the picture? From the picture, it looks like a mullet style spiked on the top with one little section cut for bangs? I can't tell if you have it longer in the back or not, though. LOL

Yes, I am a weirdo magnet. I can't speak to crazy people, though, because with my HA and OCD, I kinda AM ONE.

My hair is short all around, stands up on the top and a little on the sides with the ears "cut out" and those "wispy" side thingys. :lol:

Oh and you don't know how many people say I should add the pink stripes etc.!!!

I don't think your hair is way out there. It's fine.

And ugh, yes I do. Last week I had to tell a man on the bus to keep his shirt on because he wanted to show us his tattoo. Poor man, when he finally got it that he really shouldn't take off his shirt I think he was a little embarrassed b/c he realized--too late--that he'd made some sort of social fax pas. On the ride home a man overheard me telling my ds that there was roast beef for dinner and spent the entire trip telling me what we could do with the leftovers. (It actually came in handy the next day when dh said, "I don't know what to make for dinner." We had stroganoff. :lol: )

I get the people who have something to say. One memorable trip to Target comes to mind. In the underwear section a woman told me her woes finding proper underwear, in toys a teen was quite insistent that my boys needed Star Wars Legos, and in the toothpaste aisle in Target a guy started telling me of the evils of American toothpaste which morphed into a monologue about our health care system.

I smile and nod and say things like "No, thank you," and "I have to go now, " a lot. And "No, really. Keep your shirt on." Heh.

Cat

Re: The grocery store love guy: He probably just wanted to express his appreciation for you not yelling at his kid or him after his kid called you that name!

He was around the corner when the baby called me that (the aunt had the baby)...and unless saying it with a lascivious look on his face counts, I don't think it was gratitude. :o

I stopped attracting the weirdos when I stopped being nice. :D Now in a store, the weirdos take one look at me and decide I just might open up a can of whoop a@@ on them. I put on my toughest chick face. Which if you knew me IRL is just too funny!! If one does venture to start a conversation,it gets shut down with one line and they move on. I've developed some pretty good make the weirdos run screaming tactics.:lol:

Oh heavens, yes! Especially on public transit!

Back before Tazzie was born, I had to take buses for over an hour and a half, to and from work. If there was a drunk, or high, or just plain nutbar on the bus, guess who they sat right next to, and wanted to chat with? Yup. I had one guy get ticked because I wouldn't get off the bus with him and have a drink at a bar. The driver had to yell at him to leave me alone and get off the bus!

Another time, which was just hilarious, at least to me...

I was hugely pregnant with Tazzie. I worked up until Friday before I was due (on the following Monday, 430 am...went into labour on the Monday, and Tazzie was born at 144 am on the Tues). Anyways, this was a week or two before I was due. Another regular rider I had gotten to know, a woman in her late 40s, early 50s was at the stop with me, chatting. When we got on, the bus was totally packed. There are courtesy seats in the front of the bus, meant especially for disabled, pregnant, and traveling with strollers (the seats flip up so you can park a stroller). So, she turns to a man in his 20s, and says, "This lady is pregnant. Would you give her your seat please?"

His response?

"I didn't do it!" Then turned and ignored us.

Since he wasn't my 'babys Daddy' he figured it wasn't his problem, and wasn't about to have to stand! :lol::lol:

Great thread. I had a girl stalk me in college. Slept outside of my dorm room, threatened to kill herself if I wouldn't hang out with her, wrote me "secret admirer" notes... that weren't so secret. It was awful.

I used to attract people like her ALL the time... but not so much now. The incident in college was so bad that I learned to basically not be as nice to people. Don't look at them, ignore them if they talk to me, etc. I kinda hate that I act like that now... but I think I used to be *too* nice to everyone and it just invited trouble.

I still have my share of weird incidents. Guy who had a seizure in the car in front of me and ran off the road... I stopped to help. Girl I found wandering around in the freezing cold at night in a hospital gown because she'd just been released from the hospital and her boyfriend kicked her out of the car.

DH is the one who typically gets asked for money now, though.

Your hair isn't weirder than mine and I don't attract weirdos. Or, wait . . . maybe. Well, I mean my friends are different in a good way and some disagree about the good part. But I don't have people coming up to me asking for cash. The situations you described wouldn't happen to me. I bet there is some signal that makes you a mark. Maybe you could look up body language books at the library.

not weirdo just psycho magnet

YUP me too... we use to have people that only came to our house to have their domestic abuse sessions. So we stopped answering the door, they would go around and look in the window, so we would close the windows. Now mind you I had 2 babies (1yo and a newborn) they would sit on our porch and wait for us to come home, we finally got sick of being a prisoner in our home (we had no phone) and snuck out the back and called the cops. Didn't stop them, it finally got so bad we moved in the middle of the night!

YUP me too... we use to have people that only came to our house to have their domestic abuse sessions. So we stopped answering the door, they would go around and look in the window, so we would close the windows. Now mind you I had 2 babies (1yo and a newborn) they would sit on our porch and wait for us to come home, we finally got sick of being a prisoner in our home (we had no phone) and snuck out the back and called the cops. Didn't stop them, it finally got so bad we moved in the middle of the night!

You win! :lol:

I am a pervert magnet -I can't count how many unknown guys have approached me and wanted to buy my shoes and I also seem to attract lesbian couples who want a threesome. When I was younger and single and actually went to night clubs, I had problems with women who I never met before coming up and just start wailing on me, burning me with cigarettes, etc.

Thing is I'm a red-headed freckle faced girl next door type w/ a slight hippie style. I don't wear much make up (if any) and I don't certainly dress in overly sexy manner.

Since he wasn't my 'babys Daddy' he figured it wasn't his problem, and wasn't about to have to stand! :lol::lol:

I probably would have ripped into the guy (and started crying; hormones). Of all the nerve!

As for psycho stalkers... I had a guy follow me home from Japan. I'd just gotten out of the Navy, where I'd been friends with him and sorta but not really dated him. He shows up in TX, determined to be part of my life. Yeah. Not for long. DH smelled a rat (we're poly, mind, but he didn't feel this guy treated me with the respect I deserve, and there was a bit of alpha-male head-butting), and when I made it clear it wasn't working, he took off, stealing the title and plates to our truck (our only vehicle at the time) along with some other stuff.

Good riddance! All I ever missed was that title!