Menu

Other than negative numbers, what else ISN'T included in Singapore Primary Math?

HappyGrace

I think I remember reading that neg. numbers aren't in there (maybe this was corrected in the Standards Edition?), but is there anything else that using a US math program would cover that Singapore math wouldn't?

I know the scope and sequence is on their site; I just wondered what it is missing side by side with a typical US scope.

Grid coordinates, probability and statistics. Letter variables are only introduced briefly in 6a (it's earlier and has more attention paid to it in most current US programs).

However, all of that has been "fixed" with the Standards Edition, as it by definition follows a US (California) sequence. We used the US edition, so I just supplemented those topics. None of them are particularly difficult (at least as taught at the elementary level).

I think I remember reading that neg. numbers aren't in there (maybe this was corrected in the Standards Edition?), but is there anything else that using a US math program would cover that Singapore math wouldn't?

I know the scope and sequence is on their site; I just wondered what it is missing side by side with a typical US scope.

some topics covered lightly in most standard math programs prior to Algebra but not covered in Singapore are : exponents, square roots, integers, and scientific notation.