Menu

I am seriously about to lose it!

I don't even have the energy to write about how horrible our day has been.

Updated to add:

It started with Nathan wetting the bed, which has a waterproof mat, thick blanket and fitted sheet. He stores the world on his bed -- it's like his little world with his art stuff, books, audio books, etc. all surrounding him.

So, he removed it all, I washed, dried and replaced it all.

Then, when I came out to the computer, my desktop looked like something from 2008. All of my current icons were gone. Nathan said he stretched some rectangle on the desktop, and then he couldn't find the IE explorer icon.

So, I spent 1.5 hours figuring out what happened. Somehow he dumped the desktop into another folder, but I still don't know how the old icons were the new desktop. I was freaking out because I put my new downloads and such on the desktop until I take time to file them away.

Then, school was miserable. It's been taking the boys forever since we got back from our trip. They've been complaining all the while. And, I've been seriously putting everything I have into their education these days.

I skipped my bike this morning so we could start school early, but that still didn't happen.

I made chili (had to soak the beans, etc.). When we were finished, and I sat down for a cup of coffee while John and Aaron went to pickup the van from a repair (warranty issue), Nathan came in beaming about how great it was that he just put a tablespoon of pepper in the leftover chili pot.

That's when I posted. It turns out, he sprinkled from the table shaker and did not use the measuring tablespoon he had shown me. He's all into Redwall and their mushroom pasties, etc. Tonight, all he talked about while we were eating was how he was going to make something with lots of pepper.

Sometimes he's just plain odd. Sometimes, I feel like I have the strangest boys on the planet. Things just seem so difficult. Is it really like this for everyone else?

Now, he wants to do a fresco on the wall in his room. And make meadow cream. And he walks around smoking this fake pipe thing talking of painting with thick paint like Van Gogh. Tonight, when he added pepper to his chili, he said, "Don't worry, I was deliberate when adding it."

That's not the difficult stuff -- just the odd. But, I love that about him; I just feel odd -- like we don't fit in anywhere.

The difficult stuff is the complaining, and Ben's slowness, and never feeling caught up. And, I still have to submit my sales tax report tonight. And, I just got back from visiting my mom (who has not been recovering well from her lung removal).

So, yes, a fine glass of Sutter Home Moscato has my name on it, but I may still ride my bike.

Thanks for listening. It really is great to have this place to share and know someone probably understands.

Edited by nestof3

Sorry about your rough day....truly I am! :grouphug:

And I just want you to know that we had a VERY rough day today at our house too. It was so bad that we started shouting, then there were tears, and then we decided to hug, put the books away and watch a movie for the rest of the afternoon. Some days are just that way.

Aren't you glad that we have this place to come and commiserate?

Blessings,

Lucinda

Thanks so much.

It started with Nathan wetting the bed, which has a waterproof mat, thick blanket and fitted sheet. He stores the world on his bed -- it's like his little world with his art stuff, books, audio books, etc. all surrounding him.

So, he removed it all, I washed, dried and replaced it all.

Then, when I came out to the computer, my desktop looked like something from 2008. All of my current icons were gone. Nathan said he stretched some rectangle on the desktop, and then he couldn't find the IE explorer icon.

So, I spent 1.5 hours figuring out what happened. Somehow he dumped the desktop into another folder, but I still don't know how the old icons were the new desktop. I was freaking out because I put my new downloads and such on the desktop until I take time to file them away.

Then, school was miserable. It's been taking the boys forever since we got back from our trip. They've been complaining all the while. And, I've been seriously putting everything I have into their education these days.

I skipped my bike this morning so we could start school early, but that still didn't happen.

I made chili (had to soak the beans, etc.). When we were finished, and I sat down for a cup of coffee while John and Aaron went to pickup the van from a repair (warranty issue), Nathan came in beaming about how great it was that he just put a tablespoon of pepper in the leftover chili pot.

That's when I posted. It turns out, he sprinkled from the table shaker and did not use the measuring tablespoon he had shown me. He's all into Redwall and their mushroom pasties, etc. Tonight, all he talked about while we were eating was how he was going to make something with lots of pepper.

Sometimes he's just plain odd. Sometimes, I feel like I have the strangest boys on the planet. Things just seem so difficult. Is it really like this for everyone else?

Now, he wants to do a fresco on the wall in his room. And make meadow cream. And he walks around smoking this fake pipe thing talking of painting with thick paint like Van Gogh. Tonight, when he added pepper to his chili, he said, "Don't worry, I was deliberate when adding it."

That's not the difficult stuff -- just the odd. But, I love that about him; I just feel odd -- like we don't fit in anywhere.

The difficult stuff is the complaining, and Ben's slowness, and never feeling caught up. And, I still have to submit my sales tax report tonight. And, I just got back from visiting my mom (who has not been recovering well from her lung removal).

So, yes, a fine glass of Sutter Home Moscato has my name on it, but I may still ride my bike.

Thanks for listening. It really is great to have this place to share and know someone probably understands.

Edited by nestof3

Sorry about your rough day....truly I am! :grouphug:

And I just want you to know that we had a VERY rough day today at our house too. It was so bad that we started shouting, then there were tears, and then we decided to hug, put the books away and watch a movie for the rest of the afternoon. Some days are just that way.

Aren't you glad that we have this place to come and commiserate?

Blessings,

Lucinda

Yep, there was some of that here, so I'll be going to bed feeling like crud tonight. Can't I just wake up and be perfect? Or better? :tongue_smilie:

Thanks so much.

Hoping your tomorrow is better, Dawn. I just wanted to add that these "odd" moments, the ones where your kids seem to really reflect the fact that they're homeschooled, they're the ones that I love. It just makes them interesting to me. Yeah, we feel odd too, like we don't belong with the mainstream, but I'm learning to really like that!

Your Nathan (aside from the bed-wetting issue) sounds like a delight. My kind of kid! He makes me laugh. Cherish him.

:001_smile:

Bill

He sounds charming. :001_smile:

Joy

OMG, I love your kid!

:grouphug::grouphug:

Thanks so much. He is great, and I do love those things about him. His passion can be a little overwhelming at times. When he's into something, he is truly immersed in it. And, he talks about it all day.