Menu

Fisher Price Trio?

Does anyone own any of the Fisher Price Trio blocks? Are they worth the money? I'm considering them for my youngest (turns 4 next month).

We already own Knex, Legos, & Duplos. We also own a lot of the old Imaginext (the kind with the panels where you can build different castles and things) and some of the new Imaginext (the structures that you can't take apart).

Unfortunately, I don't own it and can't provide advice. But, I'm interested in the answer as well.

A local store had the Trio wizard castle on sale this week, and I wondered whether it would be worth it since we have multiple other building toys, like you. The outside of the box had a couple sample blocks that you could put together, to see how they worked. In the end, I opted for the Imaginext Batman Cave for ds's Christmas gift.

Erica in OR

My daughter received a set for her 4th birthday. They are very easy to put together (they actually stay together) and take apart again. She was given the ones that make bug-robot looking things. She did them a few times, but now they're sitting in the corner, lonely. I think if she had two or three times the number of blocks, she might enjoy it, but with the construction toys you already have, I wouldn't waste any money on them!

Unfortunately, I don't own it and can't provide advice. But, I'm interested in the answer as well.

A local store had the Trio wizard castle on sale this week, and I wondered whether it would be worth it since we have multiple other building toys, like you. The outside of the box had a couple sample blocks that you could put together, to see how they worked. In the end, I opted for the Imaginext Batman Cave for ds's Christmas gift.

Erica in OR

The batcave is loved around here! Good choice!

My daughter received a set for her 4th birthday. They are very easy to put together (they actually stay together) and take apart again. She was given the ones that make bug-robot looking things. She did them a few times, but now they're sitting in the corner, lonely. I think if she had two or three times the number of blocks, she might enjoy it, but with the construction toys you already have, I wouldn't waste any money on them!

Thanks! So they are easy to put together and they stay together, huh? I showed them to my ds10 & ds9, and they think ds3 would like them (and they thought they looked pretty fun themselves :lol:).