Menu

Looking for educational DVD/video titles for Kindergarten

I'm looking for titles of educational DVDs and videos for a Kindergartener. Like learning to read (Leap Frog, etc...), science, history, etc... Any suggestions? I need to find these at my library, so complete titles would be helpful. (not really interested in TV characters, like Blues Clues, Dora, etc...--those are pre-K, but you get the idea.)

Here's a link

FWIW, I have the previous version, Melody Lane, listed FS on the S&S board for $30 PPD right now. it includes the TM, and all of the videos are in very good condition.

The only difference in ML and DiM is that DiM includes some musical instruments, but could easily be purchased to supplement the videos.

My guy got a crush on David Attenborough, called him his hero and quoted him often, starting at nearly 5. He only liked the ones with Sir David actually IN the thing. Start with "Life of Birds". If it takes off, Life in the Undergrowth, Private Life of Plants, etc. are all good. The Planet Earth one everyone raved about (only Sir David's narration) he has never sat through.

Hemo the Magnificent and Unchained Goddess (about blood and weather) are from the 50's and very interesting for a child. Amazon carries them.

Money and Making Change. I think it is from Rock and Learn. My girls loved this one and they both learned how to count money from it. They even learned who is on what coin, bill etc. I was able to get it from our library so hopefully you can as well.

ETA - If you live in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio or Wisconsin, you can get borrow free educational DVD/VHS and some other materials from the Freshwater Fred lending library. http://www.hepn.com/freshwaterfreds.asp These materials are primarily science related but also include some historical content and other things like Schoolhouse Rock and Electric Company.

Edited by littlebug42
Stuff to add

Calvert's Discoveries in Music

Here's a link

FWIW, I have the previous version, Melody Lane, listed FS on the S&S board for $30 PPD right now. it includes the TM, and all of the videos are in very good condition.

The only difference in ML and DiM is that DiM includes some musical instruments, but could easily be purchased to supplement the videos.

This doesn't look like anything I could get at the library--can't even find it at Amazon. Thanks anyway. :)

ETA - If you live in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio or Wisconsin, you can get borrow free educational DVD/VHS and some other materials from the Freshwater Fred lending library. http://www.hepn.com/freshwaterfreds.asp These materials are primarily science related but also include some historical content and other things like Schoolhouse Rock and Electric Company.

I keep forgetting about Freshwater Fred. How long can you borrow?

Money and Making Change. I think it is from Rock and Learn. My girls loved this one and they both learned how to count money from it. They even learned who is on what coin, bill etc. I was able to get it from our library so hopefully you can as well.

I found some of the Rock and Learn videos at the library. Not all of them. I wish my library had the one about time.

I keep forgetting about Freshwater Fred. How long can you borrow?

The due date is about 30 days from when you receive them. They send you the return envelope with postage paid so all you have to do is mail them back. I have been late returning them before and there are no fines either (at least not yet).