Menu

Do you buy WAHM-made products?

I don't buy them just to buy from WAHMs -- but if they have a well-made product that I need / want, I will happily. When my kids were babies, some of my best cloth diapers and slings came from WAHMS. Some of the curricula I buy comes, essentially, from WAHMs (like "Mapping the World with Art" -- my new favorite!). Occasionally products on Etsy, etc, fit the bill for something we need... I'm happy to buy from and support WAHMs -- but only when it's a quality product that I actually need.

I don't buy them just to buy from WAHMs -- but if they have a well-made product that I need / want, I will happily. When my kids were babies, some of my best cloth diapers and slings came from WAHMS. Some of the curricula I buy comes, essentially, from WAHMs (like "Mapping the World with Art" -- my new favorite!). Occasionally products on Etsy, etc, fit the bill for something we need... I'm happy to buy from and support WAHMs -- but only when it's a quality product that I actually need.

I haven't heard of "Mapping the World with Art." What kind of curriculum is it? We're looking for an art curriculum!

I haven't heard of "Mapping the World with Art." What kind of curriculum is it? We're looking for an art curriculum!

It's actually a geography curriculum. 30 lessons on the history of mapping the earth, and each lesson correlates to learning to draw a certain portion of the world. There are activities as well. But my favorite part is definitely learning to draw the maps -- there are printed step-by-step instructions *and* a dvd that demonstrates how to draw each map. I just love it! But while it definitely works on the ability to "draw what you see", it's not really an art curriculum.

Mapping the World with Art