Menu

Lit. Curriculum using Norton Anthology

Guest Jdorsey

Guest Jdorsey

Thanks. I saw those...just not sure if that plus my own testing and essays will be enough to satisfy SC law.... I know what I plan to teach will be at least an honors English class if not college level Am. Lit. course...just not sure if it will pass for it in their transcripts in SC.

Thanks. I saw those...just not sure if that plus my own testing and essays will be enough to satisfy SC law.... I know what I plan to teach will be at least an honors English class if not college level Am. Lit. course...just not sure if it will pass for it in their transcripts in SC.

I'm in SC and don't find SC laws that strict, where are you hearing this?

Guest Jdorsey

No, I'm just new to this side of homeschooling. I don't know what's legal and what isn't.

I just want to form my own curriculum using the Norton, quizzes from the Norton website, a college "Writing about Literature" text book and my own tests/essay assignments.

Would something like that pass muster?

I can document the work assigned...but probably not the work done on a daily basis though.

No, I'm just new to this side of homeschooling. I don't know what's legal and what isn't.

I just want to form my own curriculum using the Norton, quizzes from the Norton website, a college "Writing about Literature" text book and my own tests/essay assignments.

Would something like that pass muster?

I can document the work assigned...but probably not the work done on a daily basis though.

Yes, you are fine :) Just keep a log, your assignment book can serve as that. I keep all of my kids papers, work, etc. but no one has ever asked to see them. I keep it all in case someone may want to see samples of their work (and it is fun looking back to see how much they have learned and how well they are progressing from year to year).

I homeschool with third option, PM me and I will tell who I am with if you would like, it is a great group! In SC you can go through the school (option one), SCAITHS (option two) or an independent group (option three).