Menu

I am challenged in the decoratiing department - help

I am slowly getting around to updating our home. Last year, I had to ditch our 17 year old quilt that we bought on our honeymoon, so we bought a down alternative comforter (allergies) and a duvet cover. Well, I got a good deal on this pale mint green damask stripe cover and shams. What color sheets/accessories would you put with it? (I don't like brown - it's just not me.)

I don't like green and brown together, either. Ick.

I think cream/ivory or white would be nice. Or maybe you could find a darker green that would look good with the minty green. Oh, and JMHO, but you could get some sort of shams or decorative pillows and put them *on top* of the comforter, rather than pulling the comforter on top of the pillows. That just looks so unfinished. Bedspreads go over the pillows and tucked under them, because they are much longer than comforters.

No advice but I was so relieved when I read the title of your post! I have always joked that when God created me He gave me a double dose of the organizing gene but left out the decorating gene. ;) Glad I am not the only one!

Can you send me part of that organizing gene? I really need it. I am fighting my "born messy" tendencies.

Thanks for the advice. I had planned on white, but cream may soften the look a little. Now, to decide what color to paint the walls. They are a soft misty green, more blue notes than yellow, which looked great with our forest green and rose quilt that fell apart. Now, it looks blah! I have forest green blinds in there.