Menu

Help me decide, Keurig or Breville?

I need a new coffee maker and can't decide between these two. The Breville I'm considering is a "reconditioned" BKC600XL from Buy.com for $112.99. The Keurig is the B66 bonus package from Sam's Club for $129.88, new not refurb.

Does anyone have either of these models or can you offer opinions? The reconditioned thing is a little uncomfortable for me not because it's a used machine, but because I'm wondering if there are so many of these being returned that they have a ready supply of reconditioned ones? Or is this not the case? Or is it available because it's a discontinued model (replaced by the $300 700XL model), which is not an option for me to buy? Has anyone bought a refurb model?

Ack, I need a cup of coffee to think this one through!!

We have the Keurig B66 & have been very happy with it. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to try out the Breville because it seems a bit fancier (this page makes it seem quite appealing and you'd be getting a great price on it!). Here's the link to the Breville on Amazon -- there again, the reviews are great, so I wouldn't be too worried about getting a refurbished model.

Just to let you know... Starbucks has reconditioned machines, too. I love my Espresso Machine.... Half the warranty... but half the cost:-)

Carrie

Oh my!! I did not know this. Dh and I have been coveting a Starbucks machine for some time now! :drool5: Where do I go to buy one of the refurbished ones?

You just ask at the store, and they order them in for you... at least mine did:-) I got my Stainless Steel Espresso maker for $150... which was half normal price... and not extra for Stainless Steel like the new ones. I only got a years warranty... but I figured that half price... half the amount of warranty... was good. :-) It's lasted years, now:-)

Carrie