Menu

Is your area already giving the H1N1 mist vaccine?

Mine is (though we won't be getting the mist, if we get it at all). I was shocked. Little town of 5K or so people and we have H1N1 flu mist at both the health dept and a local dr office for the public. Call me shocked.

So...does your area have the mist available to the public yet?

Edited by Tree House Academy

They are vaccinating all the kids at my daughter's preschool in two weeks. However, the school already has the virus so I am wondering if the vaccine will be too late. I just read all your posts about H1N1 and now I am worried. I don't want to be paranoid but I really am worried.

I am just surprised that the mist contains a live virus that can make you contagious for up to 3 weeks. The virus apparently lives in the sinus cavities. So what if you sneeze?

Please tell me this isn't true. I know a nurse who has expressed concern about this.

I am just surprised that the mist contains a live virus that can make you contagious for up to 3 weeks. The virus apparently lives in the sinus cavities. So what if you sneeze?

Please tell me this isn't true. I know a nurse who has expressed concern about this.

The mist is a weakened version, but it is not clear that it makes flu contagious.

My kids did the FluMist, for seasonal flu one year. They both got sick exactly 48 hours from the administration of the vaccine. They were sick for a week with the flu or something very close to it.. I called the pediatrician and they said it wasn't the vaccine, that they picked something up at the office. My instinct says that it was from the mist. After that, if the children get the flu vaccine, I insist on the shot. (We are not getting the shot this year.)

You shouldn't get the mist if you have asthma or any respiratory issues.