Menu

Editor-in-Chief or Evan-Moore Daily Lang. Review?

mom2abcd

Or something else?

I am wanting something short to reinforce good English skills. I think Lori D. had another option, too.

Has anyone used both Editor-in-Chief and DLR and can compare? I think the EIC is more expensive, but more visually appealing (if you can get the newest copies.)

Well, I have never seen or used DLR, so I can't compare, but we've been using EiC for quite a while (first three books now, I think?) and I think it's been very good. We just do one page a week, though (that will get you through a book a year).

Don't know how helpful that is, but it will bump the thread. :001_smile:

I like the writing in EIC better than DLR, which seems more like student-written stuff. You can see samples of both online probably and compare for yourself. EIC also comes as software, but the way it was described to me, it seemed to make it more complex than simple to implement. But I could be wrong there.

A couple years ago we did the Take 5 Minutes daily history editing, and I liked that too. I have that title a little off, but that was the jist. There are other books in that series.

We're using Winston Grammar this year,too.

I think there may be two things called Editor in Chief? I know I saw a book at a curriculum fair and it was really neat. Cost was $25 and I think it was the Critical Thinking resource. Is there another company that sells something called Editor in Chief?

I didn't know the EiC software contained instruction, too. The books don't, do they? I just glanced at the book I saw quickly and I saw so much stuff that day... you know how your mind fills up at curriculum fairs...