Menu

Checking with the hive regarding Latin

cdrumm4448

We are trying to use Prima Latina for ds(7) and we've done a few lessons, but we're not feeling the love. I think I'm going to save it for next year, or even the year after. So, I'm looking for a fun Latin curriculum for a second grader and possibly a pre-schooler. I noticed Timberdoodle's Sing a Song of Latin and that looks fun, but I wanted to check with the hive to see if anyone has used anything similar that they and their kids love.

I started the school year with Prima Latina for my 2nd and 5th graders but it was dry for us and my 2nd grader didn't "get it" at all. I switched my older son to Latin for Children Primer A and finally started my 2nd grader with Songschool Latin from Classical Academic Press. The chapters in SSL are rather short, there is a song or two per chapter and then about two short pages of little activities/questions. I wish it was a little more in depth but it does seem to be about my son's speed. I wish there were more activities to go with each chapter because I would like them to last the whole week. Overall I am happy with SSL and we will be continuing with it. :)