Menu

Really supportive clog recommendation?

My orthopedist recommended Dansko and while I got a ton of compliments I hated them.

Mine had a roller type bottom (thats what they called it). I swear I tripped all the time. Plus it did not make my foot feel even better (I have a problem with the toe in my big toe and I am too scared for surgery so I make do with certain shoes).

I love love love adore my birkenstocks!!! Have you worn them? They are like slippers.

Easy spirit shoes have also been okay for me to wear.

I also have plantar fac. and I wear Birks 24/7. But they are not cute, and I too want something I can wear to church. Dansko has some really, really cute ones! I wonder if they run narrow? Met a nurse the other day in some leopard print patent ones like this. :tongue_smilie::D SO CUTE!

I have a pair of Merrills that are really good too (mine are plain dk brown and ok with jeans, but not nice for church or going out).

Let us know what you find!

Hi folks,

I wear orthotics due to plantar fascitis.

I really want a nifty pair of clogs. I'm not crazy about Birkenstock. Are there other brands of extremely supportive (high arch) clogs?

Thanks!

Well, I have no advice for you, but wanted you to know that I didn't see the space between the first two letters in the word "clog" and thought you wanted a supportive DOG! :001_huh:

Chelle, who's off to get her reading glasses...

DANSKOs!!!! They are amazing!!!! I had an awful bit of plantar fasciitis last April and bought my first pair. Within a week, my feet were feeling better... within a month, I didn't have any pain.

I buy mine from The Walking Company. They have a great website that actually allows you to filter your shoe selection by ailment.

Valk