Menu

Poll: Will you get the swine flu vaccine for yourself and/or your family?

Will you or your family members get the swine flu vaccine?  

1. 1. Will you or your family members get the swine flu vaccine?

• YES!
    • No!
    • Still undecided/confused and need more info before making a decision
    • Some of us will/some won't - will depend on underlying conditions, etc.

I am undecided and leaning toward no. Undecided because even my sons' doctor is not recommending the shot and has some reservations. By "my son's doctor," I mean the entire practice of about 6 doctors. They are, however, getting the vaccine for H1N1 and will give it out based on the tier to those who request it.

I am not going to say, "no way - never" though. I know we won't get the mist. Beyond that, it will depend on lots of factors and how this plays out. Our area is just now getting hit hard.

We're not planning on getting it at this time. I'm not 100% comfortable with this decision but it is what both dh and I feel is the best decision for our family at this time. I am however, taking every other precaution that I can- changing diet, making sure everyone gets enough sleep, keeping stress levels to a minimum, and limiting exposure to crowds and coughing, feverish soccer players. ;)

We're not planning on getting it at this time. I'm not 100% comfortable with this decision but it is what both dh and I feel is the best decision for our family at this time. I am however, taking every other precaution that I can- changing diet, making sure everyone gets enough sleep, keeping stress levels to a minimum, and limiting exposure to crowds and coughing, feverish soccer players. ;)

In light of reading flu trackers, I can safely say that I think out soccer season is OVER for this year. LOL

The kids and I are not in any risk category. We will not be getting the shot.

My husband is in a high risk category. If/when they become available for his level of risk, he may get the shot. He is significantly overweight and is on long term breathing medicine for COPD, an asthma like problem. I worry more about his breathing than the risks of the shot.