Menu

If one wanted to complete Lively Latin in a year...

Jane

What kind of schedule would she need to establish?

I'm considering using Lively Latin as a gentle Latin Primer for my 6th grader. The website says that older children should be able to complete the program quicker than younger students, which I understand. If I use LL, I would want to do all the history pages. In fact, the history pages are my reason for considering LL as an introduction to Latin. The following years I would use the Latin Forms series (based off of Henle) which doesn't include any history. I'm working on my 6th grader's schedule and will have 30-45 minutes every day for Latin. Could she complete LL with that schedule?

Thanks for thinking this through with me.

Absolutely, IMO. Dd is doing the history lessons but not the make-your-own history book, and she'll probably finish LL around February. That's with 30 minutes a day. Now, she has had some exposure to Latin previously, but this is the longest we've maintained any program.

I blocked out a schedule based on my parameters above (no make-your-own book, 30 minutes a day) - if you'd like to see it, pm me and I'll email it. :)

Absolutely, IMO. Dd is doing the history lessons but not the make-your-own history book, and she'll probably finish LL around February. That's with 30 minutes a day. Now, she has had some exposure to Latin previously, but this is the longest we've maintained any program.

Thank you! This is very encouraging. :)