Menu

Crock Pot Glaze Crack

I have a question - the crock in my crock pot appears to have a hairline crack in the glaze. I just noticed it last night while washing it.

Is this normal due to the heat and pressure of the cooking? I am wondering about that because this newer crock pot cooks SO MUCH HOTTER than my old one did; even on low, things stay at a boil.

Is this something I need to replace? Of course, I don't have the packaging anymore, but the crock pot is only ~6 months old.

Thanks!!

Shelly

You're right!! Things sound differently in my head than they 'sound' in type. :-)

I now have a new slow cooker; I took the old one into Bed, Bath & Beyond where I had purchased it and they exchanged it for the same model, no questions asked. Great customer service! Hopefully this one will be problem-free.

Shelly

I am finding it soo intruiging as to why crock pots cause any type of debate? I need to try and search through the threads!

That sure is great service at Bed and Bath, wow!

I think it was the lead debate.

Anyhow, my crockpot's been cracked for 6 years. I'm still alive and kicking here--no lead or food poison--

*erk*