Menu

Now THIS is a workbox system!!

:blush:

I have that...but it's for scrapbooking. I lost my scrapbook room to homeschool stuff and now that sits in my living room. I LOVE it!!!

Oh, and Sarah...my husband builds things too and he said there is NO way he can build it that light and for that cost...so he manned up and bought one...lol

Stephenie

:drool5: I had been thinking that once we were moved I should press hubby into making something like this. I've always wanted a Wooten desk, but one with less cubbies and many more drawers.

They could branch out into other crafters and homeschoolers by making those soft drawers stiff plastic.

They could branch out into other crafters and homeschoolers by making those soft drawers stiff plastic.

It kind of has to be the soft sides because anything else would add weight and once you get this thing filled up, it is HEAVY. It makes a difference opening and closing the doors on it.

It kind of has to be the soft sides because anything else would add weight and once you get this thing filled up, it is HEAVY. It makes a difference opening and closing the doors on it.

I meant the drawers in the body of the critter. In the swing out doors it would make it tippier, and harder to open, I'm sure.

And I'd prefer heavier over portable. I'd like something to sit and not tip. I'm the type who would load that bottom center area with something heavy. (My parent's neighbor lost a child to a heavy something or other coming over on a pulling child.)

I meant the drawers in the body of the critter. In the swing out doors it would make it tippier, and harder to open, I'm sure.

And I'd prefer heavier over portable. I'd like something to sit and not tip. I'm the type who would load that bottom center area with something heavy. (My parent's neighbor lost a child to a heavy something or other coming over on a pulling child.)

That's what I was talking about too...the drawers inside. If they were made out of anything other than the fabric, it would make the cabinet pull outs too heavy I think...b/c you load those things with stuff too.

We have our anchored to a wall so it won't tip over.

LOL that the phrase bomb diggety worked its way into this thread...

That thing is more expensive than my mortgage payment...by quite a bit.

That thing is 3X my mortgage payment!

Oh, but I would love one. I have a friend who's making me a desk right now. If he hadn't already gotten the wood, I'd gingerly ask about making me one of these cabinets.

:001_huh: Did you all see the price tag? Now, I'm not saying it isn't totally worth it, but $1300? Yikes! I think I need 2...one for scrabbook/stamp/craft supplies and one for school stuff. Oh, and then I'll need a new, bigger house to store the storage boxes in! :D Right now...I'm off to find that money tree that my kids are always talking about. It's in the backyard somewhere...:lol:

:001_huh: Did you all see the price tag? Now, I'm not saying it isn't totally worth it, but $1300? Yikes! I think I need 2...one for scrabbook/stamp/craft supplies and one for school stuff. Oh, and then I'll need a new, bigger house to store the storage boxes in! :D Right now...I'm off to find that money tree that my kids are always talking about. It's in the backyard somewhere...:lol:

If you find it let me know. I can't afford one either. I just thought drooling over it might be more fun with company. :)

We got ours on Ebay for $1000...and yes, to me, it was worth it. I would have paid $1500 for it and would have if I hadn't found one on ebay new for $1000. It's worth it b/c I'm an AVID scrapbooker and when I got my foster daughter, we needed a room for her..that was my scrapbook room. I had NO place for my scrapbook stuff. This was the perfect answer. My foster daughter is no longer here and that's my homeschool room now.

My stuff is out of the way and neatly stored. Totally worth the money for our family.

Hmmm...now that you mention it, it IS cheaper than a whole new room....

Which is exactly why I sent the link to dh's email. :D

I Want That.

To the pp who already has one - is the cabinet really good looking enough IRL for a living room, or more for an office?

Oh I wasn't even thinking for scrapbook supplies, I was thinking for school stuff.

:iagree:

I don't scrapbook, and as a matter of fact, any type of craft runs away in terror of me. I'm terribly untalented. ;)

I do believe that you could make this system. I'm trying to remember which one of dh wood working supply magazines sells these componenents.

Love the simplicity and organization of it. If I could only get DH to talk with an accent like that guy :lol:

Off to find out how to build one.