Menu

Mosquito control for outdoor gathering

I've emptied all the little reservoirs of water in my yard but we still have tons of mosquitoes. Next week we are having a very informal gathering of friends and I expect folks will be in and out of the house all day. I would love to have the mosquitoes under control for at least while everyone is here. Any ideas? Are there products out there for this purpose?

We hosted an outdoor wedding in late August. For such a significant event we really wanted the little buggers gone. We sprayed a mosquito spray the day before. Mosquitos hide in the shrubbery, so be sure to shake the bushes. And spray carefully around the bushes.

Check at Home Depot or Lowe's for a variety of products.

On the evening of the event, we had tons of citronella candles going. We also had a couple of bottles of insect repellant spray available for anyone who thought they were being eaten. No one used those.

if you don't mind a chemical solution go and get CUTTER (brand name) Mosquito control...I think it comes in a blue bottle. You attach your hose to it and spray. It works WONDERS...no joke. Good for about 2 weeks in heavy mosquito season. We had a TERRIBLE mosquito problem to the point we could not bare to go outside.....UNTIL we found that wonderful spray. I prefer NOT to use chemicals but it was getting ridiculous.

Debbie