Menu

co-op class on catapulting help!

Osaubi

I am co-teaching a class on catapults. The first class we are going over the differences between the onagar, trebuchet, and catapult. We will be bringing in table sized models for them to look at and then they will be making their own catapults.

I am not sure what to do for the 2nd class? I have 50min to fill and the first class (taught by someone else) can't change. Anyone have any suggestions?

My only thought has been to give them items to make their own and have a catapult games with an obstacle course, but I don't see that lasting 50 min of time.

Thanks!

I have found a lot of websites but I am having trouble finding things to do that are not going to be done in the first class.

I like the idea of defending against a catapult. I am going to get that book and take a look.

I had not seen the knight for hire website before today. That is a great website. I have been looking for a couple of different and inexpensive ideas to for catapults.

I can see the class starting to come together!

Thanks!

We went to a catapult and trebuchet show last week in Toronto. It was really need to watch the full size machines in action. I am sure if you can build a model of one, give it's history and show a video clip of one working then the kids will be enthralled. YouTube probably has video clips of catapults.

I just wanted to tell you I admire you. If there was a co-op within 50 miles of me, I might join just so my dd could meet another hs...I would tell myself the fear of having to teach an ordinary class could be put aside for her sake...but c'mon!! catapulting?? LOL :lol: You are to be admired.

Pie