Menu

Got a recipe for "Easy Key Lime Pie"? Please share!

I'm looking for a variety of forms of Key Lime Pie -- the kind that is the pudding-y consistency like a chocolate or custard pie, the kind that is the consistency of cheesecake, and the frozen kind that you make with Cool Whip + frozen limeade mix + something else (maybe it's cream cheese???). The only stipulations are that it must be relatively easy to prepare and that it must use only ingredients that are easy to find. An added bonus would be that it would be fairly inexpensive to make. Thank you!

ETA: This is for EK's birthday, which is Friday. She has requested Key Lime Pie instead of birthday cake. I plan to show her a few recipes to see which one sounds the best to her, then I'll go shopping tomorrow & make the pie either tomorrow evening or Friday morning for her birthday dinner Friday night.

Edited by ereks mom

:iagree: This is a tasty fake key lime pie recipe and a favorite of several family members. We use a graham cracker crust as well. And one tip - when making pies - the regular cool whip is best. I find that the low fat versions of cool whip do not set up as well.

Our family's favorite Key lime recipe:

Keebler "Extra Serving" size graham cracker pie crust

8 oz. cream cheese

1 can condensed milk

1/2 cup Key lime juice

Soften cream cheese and beat with electric mixer until fluffy.

Slowly add concensed milk to cream cheese, beating constantly.

Beat in Key lime juice.

Pour into pie crust.

Refrigerate (at least 24 hours for best results).

If you are using juice from fresh-squeezed Key limes, cut back on the quantity. Fresh Key lime juice is STRONG.

The real thing is the best in our book:

4 egg yolks

1/2 C key lime juice

1 can swt. cond. milk

1/4 t. lime zest/oil (can be optional)

beat the egg yolks till slightly thickened; add milk and mix briefly; add lime juice, and mix briefly; add lime zest/oil, mix briefly.

Pour into graham cracker crust (your own or premade) and bake @ 350 for 12-15 minutes, until just set. Serve with real cream, or on its own.

Deelish!