Menu

Favorite calorie counting site?

Of all the calorie counting sites that I've explored (many), I've found Sparkpeople to be the most indepth and quickest. I'm not a fan of the exercise portion, but it does a great job of letting you track any of the nutrients you need. Therefore it's not just a calorie, fat, etc. site. You can break down the saturated fats and fiber and track them on the charts.

It takes a few weeks to get proficient, but the copy day,copy meals, and top favorites really starts decreasing your input time as you continue using the database. The meal planner portion is pretty neat if you're interested in getting an idea about what you need to eat.

You can also customize your body needs (calorie intake, fat, carbs, protein (number of grams) if you don't fall in the general category estimates.

For a free site, I think it's fantastic and I've used Sparkpeople for clients as a personal trainer. It helps tremendously.

Good luck,

Cindy

Of all the calorie counting sites that I've explored (many), I've found Sparkpeople to be the most indepth and quickest. I'm not a fan of the exercise portion, but it does a great job of letting you track any of the nutrients you need. Therefore it's not just a calorie, fat, etc. site. You can break down the saturated fats and fiber and track them on the charts.

It takes a few weeks to get proficient, but the copy day,copy meals, and top favorites really starts decreasing your input time as you continue using the database. The meal planner portion is pretty neat if you're interested in getting an idea about what you need to eat.

You can also customize your body needs (calorie intake, fat, carbs, protein (number of grams) if you don't fall in the general category estimates.

For a free site, I think it's fantastic and I've used Sparkpeople for clients as a personal trainer. It helps tremendously.

Good luck,

Cindy

:iagree: